Phile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can use either

Try this method.

Completely close the Virtual Router Manager program and try the following commands in command prompt window with admin priveleges.

1)
Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi key=password

Change "password" to the password key that you are using for the hotspot

2)
Code:
macshift -i "YOUR WIFI CONNECTION NAME" "macaddress"

Do this command after navigating to the directory that you keep machshift in. Change "YOUR WIFI CONNECTION NAME" to the name of your physical wireless connection. Replace "macaddress" with one of your choice.

3) Go to the properties of your wired connection and enable internet connection sharing with your virtual hotspot. Then use the following command to start the hotspot
Code:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Now see if your 3DS can connect to the internet.

Nope, still same problem. :(

Ace_demo2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, still same problem. :(
two simple road blocks:

ICS needs the network of 192.168.0.1 so change your routers network to 192.168.1.1 (that should allow ICS)

with mac shift you need to have the program in the same target directory so that in cmd you can run it. but what i want to mention which again is crucial to get this working is change the WiFi adapters name to "Wi-Fi" also use MACycle.
it makes changing the macs a whole lot easier in windows.

Good luck and see you on homepass

Qoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys, sorry for the dumb question, but i'm really bad at hardware. What is a "wifi card" ?

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
A wireless usb adaptor peforms the same function, the difference is how they connect to your computer/laptop.

To setup a streetpass relay you need at least a wifi card or a wireless usb adaptor to create the wireless hotspot. The internert connection that is also required can be either from a wired or wireless connection.

There are a few other methods of setting a streetpass relay up, but I assume that you are talking about setting it up on a computer running windows.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Try to get one that does not use an Atheros chipset, they seem to cause a lot of problems for people trying to setup a streetpass relay.

You may need to do a google search or ask the sales person to determine which chipset a device uses, as I don't think the chipset information will be printed on the packaging.

Qoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
My mii is "darren42" if you want to check if you have encountered me.

I have a seperate 4 seperate batch scripts that I run through for homepass

1) Official Nintendo Hotspots
2) Offset Prime MACs (0E and 2E offsets)
3) Personal MAC Addresses
4) Prime & Extended MAC Addresses

amrum

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello.

I'm looking for help for someone !

When he tries to run Duke's script on his router, he got this error:

Code:
/bin/sh: eval: line 1: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found

What can be the problem ?

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello.

I'm looking for help for someone !

When he tries to run Duke's script on his router, he got this error:

Code:
/bin/sh: eval: line 1: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found

What can be the problem ?

Giving us more information would be a good thing, for instance, what router, what version of DD-WRT (number and type). It seems he uses a micro build which does not support that script.

Beyondlsd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What D-Link router and what version (mini/micro/small and version number) of DD-WRT did you install?
You can always try this script! Works for me, as I do not like to be reliable on someone else's internet (just put it in the cron tab and apply):

Code:
0-59/6 * * * * root ifconfig eth1 down && ifconfig eth1 hw ether 40:53:50:4F:4F:`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1``/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1` && ifconfig eth1 up
3-59/6 * * * * root ifconfig eth1 down && ifconfig eth1 hw ether 4E:53:50:4F:4F:`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1``/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1` && ifconfig eth1 up

This worked like a charm for me. The script that was relying on the other persons website kept failing on me for whatever reason. I get 10 passes every hour or so. Using a asus rt-n16 with dd-wrt with "big" firmware. I set the radio power down to the bare minimum and left only one antennae and MAC filtering.

Thanks for this.

amrum

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Giving us more information would be a good thing, for instance, what router, what version of DD-WRT (number and type). It seems he uses a micro build which does not support that script.

The router is a TP-LINK TL-WR740N (V4) & the firmware is "DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std (SVN revision 21061)"

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This worked like a charm for me. The script that was relying on the other persons website kept failing on me for whatever reason. I get 10 passes every hour or so. Using a asus rt-n16 with dd-wrt with "big" firmware. I set the radio power down to the bare minimum and left only one antennae and MAC filtering.

Thanks for this.

Good to hear, have fun getting streetpasses! If you want more per hour, just change the 0-59/6 to 0-59/3 and the 3-59/6 to 3-59/3 that gets you double the SPs.

The router is a TP-LINK TL-WR740N (V4) & the firmware is "DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std(SVN revision 21061)"

That should work, have you reset factory defaults and set it up again? Works in some cases. Also, if that doesn't work, try the script in the post above yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up