[HOW-TO] Have a homemade Streetpass Relay

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by dicamarques, Aug 9, 2013.

?
  1. Linux

90 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. Android

132 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Router

225 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. Windows

418 vote(s)
    36.3%
  5. A pony with a wifi antenna O.o?

286 vote(s)
    24.8%
  1. TaunTaun 22

TaunTaun 22 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2013
    United States
    Thats what I figured. I just tried and no luck. also when I type that in the DNS looks like 008.008.008.008

2. keyra

keyra Spoderman self proclamed fan

Dec 23, 2008
    France
    yeah it's normal
    oh i know... u didn't share your internet connection throught your lan > wifi or wifi > wifi

3. TaunTaun 22

TaunTaun 22 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2013
    United States
    You mean when you click on properties for whatever you are connected to the internet and allow sharing with the Local Area Connection which would be the hotspot? Yeah I did that thats how the hotspot appears to be working. I can see the internet bars on my 3DS and everything, just the last part of connecting isnt working

4. keyra

keyra Spoderman self proclamed fan

Dec 23, 2008
    France
    normally u share it with your wifi card, not with the virtual one

5. TaunTaun 22

TaunTaun 22 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2013
    United States
    What do you mean? How can I do this? Is this the problem?

6. geenval

geenval Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2013
    United States

Hello there I too had the same problem

If wifi-driver reload and wifi-driver reload 2 do not show up it will not work. You need to go into settings -> change device-profile > generic ICS/JB (wlan0). If you get a wifi driver loading failure try restarting your phone. I suspect it has to do with incompatibility with the base android phone. I can confirm that auto doesn't not work with the Kyocera Rise.

edited forgot he already wrote what phone he was using

7. Nintendo3dsDude

Nintendo3dsDude GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2013
    United States
    I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING THANKS MAN :D

8. TaunTaun 22

TaunTaun 22 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2013
    United States
    Alright so I think I got it down, but does anyone here know if I need 2 wireless cards? Like I'm doing it wirelessly, but do I need another connection to the internet? Even though I'm sharing with the one I'm connected to? And if yes I'm assuming it needs to be called Wi-Fi.

Is it possible to just be connected via Wi-Fi and have the hotspot connectable to the 3DS? Because the hotspot is apparently working, but my 3DS gets an error when it tries to connect

9. dicamarques
    OP

dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Jun 25, 2010
    Portugal
    Your computer's Recycle Bin
    Has someone followed the ubuntu guide and had issues downloading hostadp???

10. Felhad

Felhad Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2013
    United States
    Gainesville, Florida

Thanks for responding! Using Generic ICS/JB (wlan0) I was able to set the Driver loading options, and after restarting it's not giving me an error when I start tethering, but it doesn't seem to be changing my MAC address. I can see the network through my 3DS, though I don't seem to be able to connect to it.

11. geenval

geenval Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2013
    United States
    Do you have routing-fix checked? Unfortunately this is where my help on the matter ends as I'm not an expert on the subject.

12. Nintendo3dsDude

Sep 12, 2013
    United States
    Is there a way to stop this error? because i have to restart my computer for virtual router to work again. I do get streetpass hits when i change the mac but after while i get this error when i change the mac and start virtual router. Edit Nvm

13. triumph01

triumph01 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2013
    Gambia, The
    try wifi Driver reload or wifi Driver reload 2. Just Change Settings until it works.

yes routing-fix should do the trick

14. kapnbanjo

kapnbanjo Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2013
    United States
    So my 3DS has been pestering me about an update to the console and to Mii Plaza. I'm holding off for now just in case, but has anyone confirmed if this still works after update?

15. Nintendo3dsDude

Sep 12, 2013
    United States
    Yes its safe

16. litchpark

litchpark Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2013
    United States
    I've been trying to do this on Windows 8, I got to the part where I managed to change my MAC to get 1 streetpass but ever since that, every time I try to change my MAC again through the command prompt, my connection dies and I cannot reconnect until I fully restart my computer. Once I restart and try to change my MAC again, the connection dies. I cannot find what is causing this.

What specifically happens is that when changing the MAC Address, it should show:
    "resetting adapter
    Done"

What happens to me is it gets stuck at "resetting adapter" and so my connection does not restore.

17. Radz

Radz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2013
    United States
    Adairsville, Georgia
    Mine was stuck for an unusually long time last night, but it did eventually reset. If it not reseting though, it is likely a driver issue since that seems to be the major problem everyone has.

EDIT: Dang autocorrect...

18. TaunTaun 22

TaunTaun 22 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2013
    United States
    I just cant connect to the internet on my 3DS or any handheld for that matter.. The hotspot appears to be working fine and everything. I've also followed all the steps numerous times.

19. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Narcissism in its existensiality

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Noticing, aloof from it all
    Heya guys!
    I made a noob tutorial for the Win 7/8 method.

Hope this helps!

20. Phile

Phile Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2008
    Belgium

Did everything from the tutorial. But the 3ds will not connect with the virtual network. And yes, the internet connection is shared.
    The problem must be somewhere else. :(

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted