Homebrew How to get b9s back on a system with formatted SD card?

DashAhead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short; had to format my micro SD because it got corrupted. My system version is "Sys 11.4.0-37U", I previously had installed boot9strap but I am lost now that my microSD card is completely clean. What steps can I take to get CFW back?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha, I'm a millennial!
kiss my Shiney Gen X Arse XD in all seriousness to the OP @DashAhead to use godmode9 w/ luma chainloading put it in SD:\luma\payloads\down_GodMode9.firm
if your afraid you might break something as godmode9 is a full perms file manager (and more!) you can use FBI to do teh same thing of copying luma's boot.firm to CTRNAND (B9S looks in there if its not sound on SD/SD is not present)

DashAhead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiss my Shiney Gen X Arse XD in all seriousness to the OP @DashAhead to use godmode9 w/ luma chainloading put it in SD:\luma\payloads\down_GodMode9.firm
if your afraid you might break something as godmode9 is a full perms file manager (and more!) you can use FBI to do teh same thing of copying luma's boot.firm to CTRNAND (B9S looks in there if its not sound on SD/SD is not present)

I'm renaming the .firms but they still don't open when I hold the button down and boot.

I'm talking about starting from an empty SD card, but I'd imagine Luma needs b9s files too? I can't load into any menu except normal Luma config.

Last edited by DashAhead,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm renaming the .firms but they still don't open when I hold the button down and boot.

I'm talking about starting from an empty SD card, but I'd imagine Luma needs b9s files too? I can't load into any menu except normal Luma config.

something dont soundright and no all you need at the barest minimum is "boot.firm" on the root of the SD (luma) do you have a prior NAND Backup?

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it boots you're OK. CFW is running. A quick way to check is the version of B9S is basically B9S1.0 and B9S1.1 will launch luma 7.1.x and B9S1.2 will only boot luma 8.0.x and newer.
Luma 7 uses .bin files. Luma 8 Uses .firm files. It's possible you are trying to launch a .firm with luma 7, which is not possible. The current GodMode 9 is .firm only.

Holding select & pressing power should boot you into the Luma config. If this is not happening I'm not sure what is happening.
So do you have a boot.bin or boot.firm on the SD card?

Last edited by Natsuru,

DashAhead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it boots you're OK. CFW is running. A quick way to check is the version of B9S is basically B9S1.0 and B9S1.1 will launch luma 7.1.x and B9S1.2 will only boot luma 8.0.x and newer.
Luma 7 uses .bin files. Luma 8 Uses .firm files. It's possible you are trying to launch a .firm with luma 7, which is not possible. The current GodMode 9 is .firm only.

Holding select & pressing power should boot you into the Luma config. If this is not happening I'm not sure what is happening.
So do you have a boot.bin or boot.firm on the SD card?

I do get brought to the Luma config, and I have a boot.firm on the SD card. My problem is how do I go about reinstalling CIAs onto my system after I formatted the SD?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do get brought to the Luma config, and I have a boot.firm on the SD card. My problem is how do I go about reinstalling CIAs onto my system after I formatted the SD?

I'm afraid you'll have to reinstall everything. the tickets are probably still in the ctrNAND, but the game content is gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.