Tutorial  Updated

How to Fix Emunand Error 022-2634 after sysnand unlink

Hello guys I just spent like 3 hours fixing this issue and there was no easily direct link that could show me the information I am about to provide on how to fix this issue. I am hoping this guide will end up on google to help those who have the same problem I had in a much faster fashion.

Step 1) Back up your emunand with emunand tool and everything on your sd card.

Step 2) Put the Gateway Launcher DAT from the Gateway website on your sd card

Step 3) Reformat the Emunand on your sd card with the current sysnand by choosing the Format Emunand Option.

Step 4) Put the latest rxTools Release (rxTools 3.0 Alpha) from the github on your sd card and launch rxTools from the rxTools website.

Link: https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/releases
Link: http://launch.rxtools.net/rxTools

Step 5) Update the Emunand to the current firmware 10.3

Step 6)Restart the DS and go back into Emunand

Step 7)Go to settings and click network id at the top

Step 8 Optional) Backup the current Emunand as a name that will make you remember it is your NNID nand so if there is a issue you don't need to repeat steps 1-8

Step 9)log into unlinked id

Step 10) Reinject original Emunand and copy back over all the files you backed up off your sd card earlier

Step 11) Profit and be happy that you can access the Eshop once more!

Last edited by ckeel12201,
Reactions: Angely

Fabbbrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Reposted from other thread:
Alright, I had the 022-2634 error when trying to log in with NNID, so I followed some tutorials that adviced backing up emuNAND, formatting emuNAND from the system settings, setting up everything including NNID and then injecting NAND from the .bin.

As I formatted emuNAND, I set up everything up and then it asks that I press the HOME button for going back home. After doing this, it shows the Home menu is preparing, and then the screen turns black. After waiting I just reboot in emuNAND (I'm using Rxtools with N3DSXL) but the screen keeps black. I don't really know what is happening. At this point I just injected NAND from my backup and tried it again, with the same results.

Should I maybe try entering emuNAND from reinand or cakes?
Did you solve that? :) I have the same issue

hcenteno21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even easier:

1) Backup emunand and backup its folder in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/ (easier method: add a _ or something at the end of the folder so you don't have to copy it off your SD card, OR cut/paste it to the root of your SD card)
2) Go in emunand system settings, pick system format
3) Let it do its thing
4) Log into your NNID on newly formatted emunand
5) Restore emunand backup and put its folder back in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/

Should now be working.

This worked for me as well. Thanks

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even easier:

1) Backup emunand and backup its folder in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/ (easier method: add a _ or something at the end of the folder so you don't have to copy it off your SD card, OR cut/paste it to the root of your SD card)
3) Let it do its thing

Should now be working.
this solved my issues thank you :)

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even easier:

3) Let it do its thing

Should now be working.

Will the folder (and its contents) still work if you log into a different NNID after you format the emunand in system settings? I forgot my password (and email associated with the account) and don't want to reinstall all my .cia files.

TUK_Pyroman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Will the folder (and its contents) still work if you log into a different NNID after you format the emunand in system settings? I forgot my password (and email associated with the account) and don't want to reinstall all my .cia files.
I don't think, but you must make a backup of your EmuNAND, then there are no risk to lose your data, just tri it...

Reactions: cearp

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is kind interesting but bring me more questions about the content and to what is linked.

For example,what will happen if ?:

1- I make a backup of all my sd card content associated to my current NNID let's call it folder "A" (this is the folder with long characters inside Nintendo 3Ds folder)

2-Then I´ll format the system, in this point the system make a new associated folder for the new clean system, let´s call it Folder "B".

3-Then I'll log in to the same NNID as before. (in sysnand)

4-Then I'll Copy the content from folder A to Folder B.

Will my sysnand will be able to read all my games and configurations that I had before of the format?

If all this process work, then you can format the sysnand or emunand without fear of losing your current content, for example if in the future I want to restore everything back to the sysnand.

AliTheAce

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This worked perfectly on my end! Thanks! Renaming the emuNAND's folder on the SD card was a huge time-saver honestly. I didn't want to transfer 13GB back and forth all night, haha.
Did you format emunand after you renamed? Did you lose your stuff?

kiroro

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi im having the same issues in error 022-2634 and cant enter eshop.. im using n3dsxl with reinand 10.6... my question is:

1: what is the steps do i need to fix this cause i cant update my games uaing wifi... i need to download cia files for me to update my game...

2: will i have hack it again and make a new cfw for me to fix this error?

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, how does this work with a9lh and sysnand? Backup sysnand, format, and restore sysnand?? Obviously with out losing games/saves/etc.

drickmel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really need help badly.

How am I suppose to do this that now I am on a9lh? Can someone please provide me a tutorial for a9lh users that still has this error? a9lh don't deal with emunand anymore, we deal with sysnand now so I am really lost with this.

EDIT: I finally got it working on a9lh. If you are on the same case as me, all you have to do is do WizardTrembyle's solution from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/40qdwo/error_code_0222634_whenever_i_try_to_access_the/

Instead, back up your sysnand using hourglass. So let me create a revised one for a9lh users

Error Code 022-2634 Fix for A9LH users
  1. Use Hourglass9 to extract the nand.bin of your sysNAND.
  2. Go to System Settings and remove your SD Card so it wouldn't get formatted.
  3. Format SysNAND in the System Settings
  4. After the formatting process, your 3DS will automatically shutdown, put your SDCard back and turn your 3DS on.
  5. Do the initial setup.
  6. When you're finally on your homescreen, go to settings->Nintendo Network ID Settings and re-link your NNID
  7. Exit Settings and open E-shop and login.
  8. Shut Down 3DS and boot to Hourglass9 and inject the nand.bin that you extracted from your SD Card
  9. Reset from Hourglass9 to your homescreen and if everything went fine. You're going to see all your stuff back the way it was.
  10. Go to E-Shop, if you don't finally see the error, then you finally fixed the problem.
  11. Finalize it by going to System Settings->Nintendo Network ID Settings.

Last edited by drickmel,

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Really need help badly.

How am I suppose to do this that now I am on a9lh? Can someone please provide me a tutorial for a9lh users that still has this error? a9lh don't deal with emunand anymore, we deal with sysnand now so I am really lost with this.

EDIT: I finally got it working on a9lh. If you are on the same case as me, all you have to do is do WizardTrembyle's solution from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/40qdwo/error_code_0222634_whenever_i_try_to_access_the/

Instead, back up your sysnand using hourglass. So let me create a revised one for a9lh users

Error Code 022-2634 Fix for A9LH users
  1. Use Hourglass9 to extract the nand.bin of your sysNAND.
  2. Go to System Settings and remove your SD Card so it wouldn't get formatted.
  3. Format SysNAND in the System Settings
  4. After the formatting process, your 3DS will automatically shutdown, put your SDCard back and turn your 3DS on.
  5. Do the initial setup.
  6. When you're finally on your homescreen, go to settings->Nintendo Network ID Settings and re-link your NNID
  7. Exit Settings and open E-shop and login.
  8. Shut Down 3DS and boot to Hourglass9 and inject the nand.bin that you extracted from your SD Card
  9. Reset from Hourglass9 to your homescreen and if everything went fine. You're going to see all your stuff back the way it was.
  10. Go to E-Shop, if you don't finally see the error, then you finally fixed the problem.
  11. Finalize it by going to System Settings->Nintendo Network ID Settings.

Just posting an alternative here, this still works for A9LH users too, just did it.
Even easier:

1) Backup your current NAND using any NAND tool(doesn't matter if you have A9LH installed or just using regular emuNAND by GW). I used multinand to do this, it's very easy to use, just open it and press "Extract NAND" and save it somewhere on your computer.
2) Backup Nintendo 3DS folder, which is located in the root of your microSD.
2) Go in A9LH/emuNAND system settings, pick system format.
3) Let it do its thing.
4) Log into your NNID on newly formatted A9LH/emuNAND.
5) Restore NAND backup from step 1 by choosing "Inject emuNAND" (if you used multinand).
6) Restore Nintendo 3DS folder from step 2.

Done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye