How to export/import Gateway Card1 .sav to eShop/3ds/3dz with SaveDataFiler

I found a workaround how to export/import Card1 Savegames (no retail support)

First you know we had the problem of " CTR - BROKEN ", but there is a little trick to it.

!MT-Card USER can do this without Workaround because the save gets loaded on ROM mounting!

To fetch your Cartridge Savegames, you can use this method: NTR Savegame Manager Plugin

We need:

- Red Gateway Card
- The Exploit
- Launcher.dat (tested with 3.0.3 Ultra)
- SaveDataFiler
- The .3ds/.3dz/.cia Game you want to export/import
- A working Savegame (Dumped Savegames from Retail might not work)
- A PC/MAC (any Device capeable to rename Files)

!MAKE ALWAYS BACKUPS FROM YOUR SAVEGAMES!

A. EXPORT .3ds/.3dz to eShop:

Savegame example: Super Mario 3D Land (0004000000053F00) > http://3ds.essh.co/

1. Connect the SD Card to your PC
2. Copy your Savegame and save it as 000400000FF40A00.sav
3. Put SD Card back into your 3DS
4. Turn it on and execute Exploit
5. Mount your .3ds/.3dz Game
6. Start SaveDataFiler (CTR Card is no longer broken!) and highlight CTR Card
7. Press Y and then A to export the Savegame

SaveDataFiler stores in SDCARD:\filer\UserSaveData\20150131010203\0000053f
YEAR-MONTH-DAY-HOUR-MINUTE-SECONDS \ TitleID low

8. Switch to SD and highlight your TitleID
9. Press R+A and then A to import your Savegame
10. Press Home, select the cia game and press two times A to start

B. EXPORT eShop to .3ds/.3dz:

Savegame example: Super Mario 3D Land (0004000000053F00) > http://3ds.essh.co/

1. Start your 3DS and execute Exploit
2. Mount your Game
3. Start SaveDataFiler and highlight your TitleID low
4. Press Y and then A to export the Savegame
5. Switch over to SD and highlight TitleID low
6. Press L + A and then A to create 000400000FF40A00.sav (CTR Card is no longer broken!)
7. Turn your 3DS off and connect the SD CARD with your PC
8. Copy 000400000FF40A00.sav to your TitleID (0004000000053F00.sav)
9. Put your SD Card back into your 3DS
10. Turn your 3DS on and execute Exploit
11. Mount your Game and start it

Export Retail Card with CFW and SDF:

Note: As for CFW works only with FW4.5, 6.x encryption will fail.

1. You need CFW and installed SafeDataFiler on a spare SD Card
2. Start your CFW and insert your Cartridge
3. Start SafeDataFiler and highlight CTR Card
4. Press Y and then A to export the Savegame
5. Turn off your 3DS and move the 'filer' folder to your PC
6. Switch over to your Gateway (emuNAND) SD Card and add the 'filer' folder from PC
7. Insert your Gateway (emuNAND) SD Card into your 3DS
8. Start your 3DS, execute Exploit and start SaveDataFiler
9. Now you can follow A8 for eShop or B5 for .3ds/.3dz

(Be patient with CFW, sometimes it takes 10 tries to get it working)

Thx queno138 : original Post

Info:

"Nintendo 3DS\ID1\ID2\" = eShop , "000400000000XXXXXXX.sav" = Card 1

If your ID1\ID2 does not match after downgrade or formating 3DS,
your Save is LOST if there is no NAND Backup using that ID1\ID2!!!

If you have the NAND Backup matching ID1\ID2,
you can import it as emuNAND with emuNANDTool!

It is impossible to use NAND Backups or encrypted eShop saves
from another 3DS! You need to decrypt the saves first before you
can transfer them!

EXPORT / IMPORT from Original Cartridge is now possible
with Cubic Ninja + PASTA CFW + SaveData Filer!!!

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i do it but when i start MH4 i got the error
save data broken.
And safe data filler broken.
I tested only 000400000FF40A00.sav or 0004000000126100.sav
but all dont work
I made a guide here, and it takes you hand in hand during the process, which makes it much easier to understand: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...save-from-one-region-to-another-on-gw.381849/

If I had to guess, you changed your MH4U save to FF40A, THEN tried to make a save that you could export. It's supposed to be the other way around.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried to move my pokemon shuffle save over from one 3DS to another using this method and it was not successful, 'save data is corrupted' anyone had any luck? the same NNID was used on both systems so that's not the issue

D

Deleted User

I've tried to move my pokemon shuffle save over from one 3DS to another using this method and it was not successful, 'save data is corrupted' anyone had any luck? the same NNID was used on both systems so that's not the issue

It won't work since the save has to be with the same NNID, and how did you use same NNID on 2 system?

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My buddy is currently trying to export his Monster Hunter 4 Savegame from his N3DS limited edition (where it came pre-installed) into a .3dz ROM.
How would he do that? The steps with the .sav files in the first post are not clear.

D

Deleted User

My buddy is currently trying to export his Monster Hunter 4 Savegame from his N3DS limited edition (where it came pre-installed) into a .3dz ROM.
How would he do that? The steps with the .sav files in the first post are not clear.

First, is it EUR or USA rom?

D

Deleted User

EUR version N3DS and EUR ROM

ok on your N3DS, install SaveDataFiler and look for 01261. Go to it and press Y and then A to export the save to the SD card. Then go and boot up Monster hunter .3dz rom (if you haven't before) and don't start it.
Go back to SaveDataFiler and press Left on the D-Pad to go to sd card. Select the save (it looks something like 20150314XXXXXX) and press L+A and then A to import the save to the card.
When you're done, turn off your 3ds, take out your microSD card and plug it into your computer.
In the root of your SD card you will find 000400000FF40A00.sav rename it to 0004000000126100.sav and then you're done!

Reactions: FR0ZN

Mitch2025

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to take my retail MM cart and convert it to .cia and keep my save. I have the .cia made and it works fine. Now I am trying to import my save. I put the rom that I dumped myself on the the redcard and loaded it in the GW menu (but didn't launch it). I also took my .sav that I extracted from the retail cart and renamed it 000400000FF40A00.sav and have just it, launcher, and nintendo3ds folders on the sd card. I then load up SDF and it still just shows "CTR Card - - broken - -". Any advice? This is all being done on a NN3DS.

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently even on New 3DS Gateway uses the old pre-6.xx save crypto in Gateway mode... so using SaveDataFiler with the latest retail cards is still not possible. (My idea was to create a save for your retailcard through the method in this tutorial by using a 3dz dump of the very same card. Then import this one to the cart by using gateways "Restore save" feature. Should work in theory)

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course, even if they could use the new encryption, it would break saves compatibility for people who played games on a Gateway before the N3DS/9.x exploit.

But as the old 3DS and the new exploit (9.x one), I didn't tested yet but I suppose Classic Mode use the new encryption (on the old 3DS, Classic Mode use the encryption of your sysnand firmware. 4.x => Old one. 9.x => New one).

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
I am trying to transfer my save from smash on GW to smash from eshop but it doesn't seem to work. I don't know if it matters but I am on a N3DSXL. I tried this with MH4U on my O3DS and it worked. Here is what I am doing:
  1. Put the microSD (not the one that goes in GW) from my console to my computer
  2. I made a copy of my SSB save which is 00040000000EE000.sav and renamed it to 000400000FF40A00.sav
  3. Put microSD Card back into into my console
  4. Turn it on and execute OOT exploit
  5. Press select and choose SSB
  7. Press Y and then A
  8. Switch to SD and highlight the correct entry
  9. Press R+A and then A
  10. Press Home, select SSB (not from the cartridge) and press two times A to start
The problem is that when SSB starts it doesn't recognize the save and wants to create a new default (first time) save.
What am I doing wrong?

D

Deleted User

I am trying to transfer my save from smash on GW to smash from eshop but it doesn't seem to work. I don't know if it matters but I am on a N3DSXL. I tried this with MH4U on my O3DS and it worked. Here is what I am doing:
  1. Put the microSD (not the one that goes in GW) from my console to my computer
  2. I made a copy of my SSB save which is 00040000000EE000.sav and renamed it to 000400000FF40A00.sav
  3. Put microSD Card back into into my console
  4. Turn it on and execute OOT exploit
  5. Press select and choose SSB
  7. Press Y and then A
  8. Switch to SD and highlight the correct entry
  9. Press R+A and then A
  10. Press Home, select SSB (not from the cartridge) and press two times A to start
The problem is that when SSB starts it doesn't recognize the save and wants to create a new default (first time) save.

What am I doing wrong?

I have no idea what you're doing wrong since you did everything right. Try and PM liomajor.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
This is the error that I am getting:
ssb.png

edit: click on the thumbnail to see the enlarged picture

ABGX

Trophies
XP
Country
quick q, im sure someone can help fast

so i used to have a 3ds 4.5 emunand 9.2. played pokemon x.

what id like to do, is install pokemon x as cia on my n3ds and convert the save to work with it. is that possible? is this the right guide?

is it even possible to use the saves created on my sys4.5 emu 9.2, on a n3ds or will they not work at all?

D

Deleted User

quick q, im sure someone can help fast

so i used to have a 3ds 4.5 emunand 9.2. played pokemon x.

what id like to do, is install pokemon x as cia on my n3ds and convert the save to work with it. is that possible? is this the right guide?

is it even possible to use the saves created on my sys4.5 emu 9.2, on a n3ds or will they not work at all?

Yes this is the right guide.

z3rk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey guys, did i read right that i could use this tutorial to transfer my pokemon 3dz savegames to cia and play from where i stopped? pls let it be possible :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...