Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Do you remember the error code you were getting? It could have been a coincidence.

Have you heard of other people getting banned for using CTGP7?

If there was an easy way of accessing foreign eShops, everyone would know about it by now. This is much demand for this feature.

If I'm not mistaken, there's some kind of check for an identification code that is unique to each console and that is not easily changed even with CFW. See for instance this guide (linked from https://3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing ).

peteruk likes this.
  2. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I have 4 systems, so I'm just gonna use my region changed one in an offline state. In the event I need a game update I can download in on my european one, dump it and install

It's kind of like a self imposed ban, bu I love the look of my Smash Bros N3ds LL :D

3. LinusRG

OP LinusRG GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Does it crash the kernel or something if changed?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Als whis it called the 3ds LL is some countries instead of XL?

4. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Yes in Japan the New 3DS XL is the New 3DS LL :)

LinusRG likes this.
  5. LinusRG

Canada
    What does the LL mean?

6. Kwyjor

Canada
    You can definitely brick a console if you try to overwrite its NAND with a complete NAND backup (i.e. not just the ctrnand) from a different console.

TurdPooCharger, E1ite007 and LinusRG like this.
  7. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

I googled and found that answer, unsure tbh

Kwyjor, TurdPooCharger and LinusRG like this.
  8. LinusRG

Canada
    I believe you but that is a really weird reason Nintendo chose to make it that. It could have been a callback to the DSi XL as that came with a full size pen in the box.

peteruk likes this.
  9. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    In Japan they use LL most of the time instead of XL. Usually in clothing but also for other products so its really not unusual that the 3ds was LL it was pretty weird they used XL for the DSI in Japan though lol.

TurdPooCharger, Ryccardo and LinusRG like this.
  10. E1ite007

E1ite007 Weird avatar guy

Mexico
    Just an observation...
    Why do you suggest to use a videotutorial for installing CFW and the guide to uninstall it?
    Just suggest the guide man.

11. LinusRG

Canada
    The video guide was for fastboot installation if you wanted fastboot instead of b9s. There is no written guide really on this. Then the written guide is not for uninstalling the CFW it is for grabbing that .firm file that will be used as the safemode. firm. We are not uninstalling CFW.

12. E1ite007

E1ite007 Weird avatar guy

Mexico
    Yeah... I've read this. If you're using that .firm, then link directly to the file.
    The instructions to install fastboot3ds are in the README.md file on Github:
    Don't recommend videotutorials here, some of them 'cause more trouble instead of solving problems.

Last edited by E1ite007, May 26, 2020
  13. sks316

sks316 Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness remaster activist

United States
    1. Please, NEVER recommend video guides. They become outdated quickly. There are better guides online, just do a simple Google search. Meaning: This guide recommends unsafe and outdated methods of installing Homebrew and should not be used.
    2. For years now, going online with a CFW 3DS has been safe. The only thing that really gets you banned anymore is playing leaked games online (the SuMo bans) and going online with cheats. TL;DR: CFW online is safe as-is unless you're an idiot. Meaning: This guide is redundant and has no purpose.

14. LinusRG

Canada
    I post things like this because I enjoy writing them when I figure out something that I do not think anyone else has written about Maybe they are very useful or maybe they are not that useful at all. Just post them for fun. It is also my way of getting a better understang of how the 3ds backend works.

peteruk likes this.
  15. Kwyjor

Canada
    If no one else has written about something, then do you think you somehow stumbled across something that none of the hundreds (or thousands?) of people involved in 3DS hacking have done before? Or do you think that maybe there's a good reason people don't do things that way?

Isn't it dangerous if you write something wrong and someone else doesn't realize that and spreads it along? Just sayin'.

Yes, hopefully this thread is educational.

LinusRG likes this.
  16. lordcrew27

lordcrew27 Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Wait so getting banned is still a thing? I play a lot of games online and I haven't been banned

17. sks316

United States
    Yes and no. If you do stupid things, like playing leaked games online (the SuMo bans) or using cheats online (e.g. speed modifier in Mario Kart 7), you're basically asking for it. (Doing these offline is perfectly fine, however.) But if you actually have a brain cell and don't do stupid things, the chance of getting banned is minuscule.

18. LinusRG

Canada
    Yah that's why I would not post anything dangerous. I even told them to make a NAND backup. As long as you don't flash random files to the firm directory and as long as you still have cfw and no blue bootrom screen you should be just fine.
    Also what would be the reason for not doing this? It is not like it can ruin your console or anything.

I never use cheats. Only if I want to mess around with a game to see how much I can break it.

I wrote this guide with early 2019 knowledge, apparently it is not too big a deal now. I guess Nintendo does not really care anymore. As long as you play fair online.

19. sks316

United States
    It wasn't as big of a deal in early 2019 either.

20. LinusRG

Canada
    Ok I'm sorry. I got banned and I found out about a possible solution OK? so I wrote about it OK?

Last edited by LinusRG, May 27, 2020

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Safemode, without, getting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.