Tutorial How to Do things online on the 3ds without risk of getting banned. "3DS Safemode" as I call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I apologize. I just hate doing hard work on something that I am ignorant, and that I do not know what I am talking about.

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Linus it's quite clear you meant no ill harm, many of experienced users have chimed in explaining why.

You tried to do a good thing but this time it didn't pay off.

Don't let this put you off in future, just maybe put further thought into it.... in the meantime relax and enjoy the beautiful weather (well it's nice hear anyway).

Reactions: kop365 and LinusRG

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Linus it's quite clear you meant no ill harm, many of experienced users have chimed in explaining why.

You tried to do a good thing but this time it didn't pay off.

Don't let this put you off in future, just maybe put further thought into it.... in the meantime relax and enjoy the beautiful weather (well it's nice hear anyway).
It is quite nice here too. Do you happen to know any Japanese by the way? I was trying to boot different 3ds system .firm files. Some froze my 3ds and others shut it down. But one poped up with a japanese error with off written in english.

Last edited by LinusRG,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is quite nice here too. Do you happen to know any Japanese by the way? I was trying to boot different 3ds system .firm files. Some froze my 3ds and others shut it down. But one poped up with a japanese error with off written in english.

I don't know any sorry.... English, tiny bit of Spanish, tiny bit of French and that's it... for everything else there's Google translate for me :rofl2:

Reactions: kop365 and LinusRG

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know any sorry.... English, tiny bit of Spanish, tiny bit of French and that's it... for everything else there's Google translate for me :rofl2:
Just wondering because of your Japanese DS. I assumed you went to Japan at one point.

Reactions: peteruk

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
This happens 100% of the time if you launch a 3DS download play game, but may happen in some other situations as well.
Hold on, can you please elaborate on this? Do you mean the Download Play game will always overwrite firm0 (thus making it unsafe to play via Download Play after installing b9s) or do you mean it only does so after following this guide? I worry I may be misinterpreting this.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hold on, can you please elaborate on this? Do you mean the Download Play game will always overwrite firm0 (thus making it unsafe to play via Download Play after installing b9s) or do you mean it only does so after following this guide? I worry I may be misinterpreting this.
I think he means that the 3ds that is unhacked will try and inject nintendo's stock firm file back into the firm0 and 1 slots. But I think Luma CFW has preventions against this. I do see this as a new potential CFW installation method though, if what I just said ends up beiing true.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Luma prevents this from happening.

D

Deleted User

follow it later. A long time has passed since I last used my 3ds

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
follow it later. A long time has passed since I last used my 3ds
DO NOT FOLLOW THIS GUIDE. It will cause you to lose CFW and comes with the potential for a brick. There is nothing that this guide will protect, going online with CFW has been safe for years.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is a risk to get banned anymore since no one can go online with Pokemon before release anymore.
That's not what I got banned for because I never did that. I hate that this misinfo is still going around years later. There were many people hit back in ban waves that never even played a Pokémon title.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's not what I got banned for because I never did that. I hate that this misinfo is still going around years later. There were many people hit back in ban waves that never even played a Pokémon title.
Yes, there are rare reports of people who got banned for no apparent reason whatsoever during the "ban waves", which is probably a good indication that Nintendo probably isn't going to do something like that again rather than risk a pile of negative press.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Allow me to save you some time: No, it's not safe.

but it seems pointless this thread.

we haven't had a ban in a long time.

and the case we did we people cheating online or play a leak of Pokemon.

edit:

I'm locking this because of the brick risk. i don't feel comfortable knowing our members might brick, cause of the risk.

Last edited by Flame,
Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ TheRealDeanMeTn: ok