1. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Is there a tool to inject MSX roms into WADs? These won't do it. Thanks.

What program? 0RANGECHiCKEN is a release group. Or was like 10 years ago. Probably disbanded.

Last edited Jul 3, 2019
  2. wiiandrewii

wiiandrewii Newbie
    Newcomer

"First, this is an optional but recommended step, but if you have used AutoInjectuwad, or any other injection method besides Devilken, before repacking the WAD, replace the existing 00000004.app with the special one that removes the "Operations Guide" option from the game's HOME Menu"

What special 00000004.app one are you referring too?

3. wiiandrewii

wiiandrewii Newbie
    Newcomer

I've been doing some VC Injects and first i was using dk2 as a base, but then i tried mario picross pal. I greatly prefer doing the injects with the Mario Picross wad. All VC injects are running and the screen turns wide, also, the wii operation manual/reset/home/ menu are much faster and works stable. Making VC injects with donkey kong 2 makes the rom run at a 4:3 screen and when returning to the wii menu the screen appears and disappears for a second. So, i would suggest making VC injects with Mario's Picross pal (for Pal systems).

CatmanFan likes this.
  4. Biturger1969

Biturger1969 Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Hey do you have the Impaler Wad Creater?

many thx

5. Dragonracer21

Dragonracer21 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Is there any chance to get Vigilante 8 (Germany) working? It hangs for me on the classic controller screen...

6. libertyernie

libertyernie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the guide! I've spent a good chunk of today injecting Special Tee Shot and I think I've finally got it working. A few things I wanted to note (mostly to remind myself if I ever do this again):

1. SNES ROMs that get injected need to be given headers. The headerless ROM didn't work. (I also assume Sattelaview ROMs don't work so I used LuigiBlood's patch to convert it to an SNES ROM first.)

2. To run HowardC's tools, instead of trying to get VB6 working on Windows 10, I set up a Windows 98 SE virtual machine in VirtualBox using a disk image from archive.org. To get files onto the VM, I made .iso images from InfraRecorder and mounted them; to get them off the VM, I shut Win98 down and opened the disk image with 7-zip. I'm sure there's a quicker way to do this but I didn't want to learn.

3. I couldn't find a link to the custom 00000004 that hides the operations guide, so I skipped that part.

4. The banner.tpl for the save file can be edited with BrawlBox / BrawlCrate.

5. I used hex editing to edit the 00000001. It had names for a lot of different games in it, but I just edited the one for DKC 2 / Diddy's Kong Quest and it seems fine.

6. I needed a newer version of Dolphin to be able to do a system update from within Dolphin - the "release" 5.0 version that's several years old wasn't recent enough. But once I got the new version it worked like a charm.

EDIT: Decided to make a manual for it by editing the emanual.arc inside the 00000005.app. Got it working eventually (U8Tool does not like making a new 00000005 when there's already a file there for some reason?) Anyway, I posted it at: Release Special Tee Shot Operations Guide · libertyernie/special-tee-shot-operations-guide

Last edited by libertyernie, Sep 7, 2020
  7. SaulFabre

SaulFabre Wii scene/hacking & Wii VC well-known guy

Ecuador
  8. SaulFabre

Ecuador
    Hey, can you update your thread with my SEGA Master System & MSX/MSX2 Wii VC iNJECTiON tutorials? Thanks in advance
    Links for tutorials:
    MASTER SYSTEM: https://gbatemp.net/threads/virtual-console-sega-master-system-wii-vc-injection-tutorial.542057/
    MSX/MSX2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/virtual...rosoft-msx2-wii-vc-injecting-tutorial.558359/

Last edited by SaulFabre, Oct 2, 2020
  9. DarthBellic

DarthBellic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does Anyone here have a copy of Howard C's Blryt tool? Only download i could still find came with everything BUT the blyrt editing application

SaulFabre likes this.
  10. SaulFabre

Ecuador
    Go to this page for download HowardC's tools (including VC brlyt Editor) here: https://gbatemp.net/download/howardc-tools.35087/

11. DarthBellic

United States
  12. DarthBellic

United States
    it says "comdig32 missing"

13. SaulFabre

Ecuador
  14. DarthBellic

United States
    SaulFabre likes this.
  15. DarthBellic

United States
    YUP, its fixed now, thx again man

16. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Thank you so much!! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - professional, Virtual, Console