1. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I would ask that in the Wii U forums. :)

2. philx_x

philx_x Newbie
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Sorry I don't mean virtualWii, I mean an official Virtual Console Title on the Wii hardware. I didn't state that very clearly .. but I don't own a WiiU :)

3. JordanB500

JordanB500 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    is it possible to shrink/trim a rom( a genesis rom ) before injection? atm im trying to get sonic 3 complete working with saves but its so large that the only game i can inject it in is sonic 3d blast which has its own saves i was wondering if i could just inject it into the sonic 3 vc wad because most of the game uses the sonic 3+k save screen

4. EddieEddie90

EddieEddie90 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    How the hell do I repack the contents of an extracted .ccf file or whatever?

5. CatmanFan

OP CatmanFan Anxious and regretful

Morocco
    Damn, you should know already.
    There should be a "Pack" button somewhere in the CCFTool interface. Click the "..." button right next to the "Path to Folder" box (NOT the "Path to File" one), then browse to your extracted CCF folder. Then click on Pack. It should repack the folder into a .ccf file.

6. Naruto_64

Naruto_64 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I tried injecting the regular Japanese SM64 rom into the Japanese (Shindou Edition) SM64 Wii VC wad, when I try to load it, I can see the Classic Controller text but then it turns into a black screen. I use the Dolphin Emulator and the original Wii VC wad (that has Shindou Edition on it) does work. I only changed the VCPic.tpl and the banner.brlyt (just saving it in the VCbrlyt program) and kept the title ID as NAAJ. Actually, when I inject the rom using the injecting tool, it doesn't automatically stop and the status stays as "Waiting for final injected wad". That could be the issue, the US version does complete, but the modified wad from the US version doesn't work either. EDIT: I tried changing the rom into a Big Endian form and that didn't work either.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    CatmanFan likes this.
  7. RosalinaFan573

RosalinaFan573 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Have you tried doing it manually?

8. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Can't find working download of CCF Tool.

9. nim-ka

nim-ka Member
    Newcomer

United States
    My .z64 ROM isn't showing up in AutoInjectuwad v3?

10. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    @nim-ka Did you set the injection mode to N64?

11. nim-ka

nim-ka Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I don't think so, how do I do that?

12. nim-ka

nim-ka Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok I figured it out, but now Autoinjectuwad is just being stuck and not writing anything to the file.

13. Modder

Modder Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi, I used to make custom VC wads a long time ago, and recently I wanted to do it again to play games on my Wii but I had almost forgotten everything I needed to know. So I found your tutorial, and followed the familiar steps, and everything was going swell until I encountered this error on HowardC's brlyt editor(screenshot attached to post). I actually had that error appear on me before, but my solution at the time was to use a different, older computer. Now that it's been years, I no longer have access to that old computer and I tried poking around for solutions, but none of them worked. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

14. CatmanFan

OP CatmanFan Anxious and regretful

Morocco
    Right click vcbrlyt.exe and click "Properties". Then click "Compatibility" and check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:". Then use the drop-down menu to select "Windows XP". After that, click "Apply" at the bottom of the screen and then click "OK".
    If that doesn't work then try installing comdlg32.ocx manually. There is a guide to that in the archive included in the original VC tutorial.

15. Modder

Modder Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the reply, unfortunately compatibility mode didn't work but after wandering around on the internet for a bit, I did find a download for the file that the error mentioned, so I figured out how to install it and now the program is working :)

16. Dom83

Dom83 Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    VC_Icon_Gen.exe keeps saying that it can't find 01.tpl , 06.tpl , 03.tpl and so on, and all the .wte files it makes are empty 0 byte files. Can somebody help ?

Also, can someone please give me a link to download ccftool ?

CatmanFan likes this.
  17. NessyBoy64

NessyBoy64 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I can someone tell me why when i try to inject rom into wad on Auto injectuwad injector V3 it keeps saying “Please close command prompt before starting”?

18. Blob

Blob Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Worked great! First rom I did was TMNT4.wad :D Thanks so much for this guide! <3

19. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes GBAtemp Regular

United States

Just read this & feel the pain of others getting started using this awesome tutorial. I have done around 300 injects with about half of those dedicated to the Genesis/Mega Drive. It is a little different beast & a bit more time consuming. I have wrote my own tutorial for personal use when i stray away for a long period of time. I have uploaded the ccftool .zip file for download, also a Base Wads text .zip to help others skip the trial & error. If someone knows of a 2nd TG16 base wad that is useful, please post. Thanks.

Edit: Uploaded HowardCTools & Auto Injectuwad Injector v3. The original links to these programs are dead. Another useful program is ShowMiiWads. OrangeChicken used the Devilken injector method which I have also uploaded. I have used this method before but prefer the Auto Injectuwad. The OC tutorial is still up on Youtube.

Edit: I just noticed that i didn't upload Auto Injectuwad v3. I also uploaded ShowMiiWads to create the common-key.bin you need to place inside the Auto Injectuwad folder.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  20. ImJittery

ImJittery Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This may be very out of place, and well I'm sure it is, but I'm looking for 0RANGECHiCKEN. I've scoured the web for the program, but to no avail. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I'm open to DM.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - professional, Virtual, Console