Hacking How to create dvd5 SSBB NTSC-USA with fully playable SS emissary.

wiifiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i burned mine on cheap jvc dvd-r and its not laggy, i take it your on a pal system what firmware are you running and what method did you use to block the update(if you did block the update), i would say since your verbatims are giving you issues at 4x try 6x burn speed , its either a burn speed issue or an issue with your pal firmware thats causing lagging i would say. Dunno if the deflickering option will help but its in game options but hell you can try that also. Im betting its a burn speed issue though thats causing you lagg.

gaz1984mcc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to confirm guys this works big time it dont work in 50hz for some reason but i can confirm it works in 60hz mode and 480p mode including online play and sub space missions done 7% of sub space already

i have pal wii with 3.2e firmware, wiikey 1.9g, ritek discs burned at 4X using image burn, i also have deflicker turned off

did exactly as wiifiend said to do but i added regionfrii and set to pal

it works after loads of other methods ive tried this is the one guys for pal users great game too!

nice one wiifiend great tutorial nice work thanks!

wiifiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally some confirms lol. Nice to see it works on pal systems also.

So its working for you also now jaxxx? did you reburn it? i

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
nah just started working all of a sudden...weird. Shame the dvd9 version doesnt work tho
frown.gif

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Bob Loblaw said:
wiifiend said:
I only use wiiscruber because it gets rid of the second layer of the iso, and it will be easy for people who use the tutorial to use.

Yes replacing all those files isnt fun. But some people; like people with older argon firmware that dont support dual layer disk will go to great lengths to get there backup working. Also people who dont have access to a dual layer burner or cant get there dl backups to run will find this useful.

I don't understand though. If you get rid of the second layer using wiiscrubber then how is SSE still intact?
SSE is on first layer, movies are on second layer.
yaypsp.gif

kramer987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm i wiiscrubbed and it went rather quickly. and now i am trying to open the iso in trucha and it tells me error decrypting image. any suggestions?

EDIT: nevermind. figured it out. remember to select custom keyset 1

philmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where are the files provided?

"replace the main.dol with the main.dol file provided"
"sora_menu_title.rel file provided"

kramer987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
philmont said:
where are the files provided?

"replace the main.dol with the main.dol file provided"
"sora_menu_title.rel file provided"

they are in the rar file that you download. its in the tutorial

philmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks a lot i some how skipped the download but was able to open the scrubbed iso fine i will continue the process and let me know if you have a question.

wiifiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the error decrypting image in trucha is caused by either you not having the key.bin file trucha needs to decrypt or you not having the "common key" in the registry make sure you select (check mark) custom keyset 1 in the trucha menu. There are a few good tutorials online on how to use trucha.

philmont the link for the files are on the first post.

kramer987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh this is taking a while hehe. i think i've done half of the replacements already. doing this remotely
tongue.gif
ready for me when i get home from school. question: what if i miss a file? what will happen?

wiifiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game will most likely crash somepoint during gameplay after a level , during a movie cutscene if you forget/miss to include a file.

kramer987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's to hoping that i didnt lol. i just finished. was further along than i thought.

wish there was a way to verify if the file was changed or not. oh well.

thanks for this wiifiend.

i'll burn when i get home in like an hour and update you all on my success.

ALSO TO ALL THOSE BURNING THIS...
you should really be burning at 3x or 6x, depending on what you have your wii set to. i always burn at 3x on my verbatim dvd+r and never have any problems using my pioneer 111d. i'll let you know how this one goes tho...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.