Hacking How to check a .wbfs if update partition still there?

• Thread starter TheGlow
  • Start date
  • Views 4,948
  • Replies 4
T

TheGlow

OP
I took a few isos and converted them to .wbfs already.
Now im seeing I can remove the update partition.
my question is how can I check if its already intact or not?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
tj_cool said:
.wbfs should have the update removed already (they should be smaller than the ISO)
Huh? Are you shure? It depends of the App you've used to make the .wbfs-Files...some have as default the setting to include all Partitions, and really all (WWT for an example). I dunno about other apps...so there's a high possibilitiy that he still has the Update-Partition. Oh, and it's smaller than the ISO because it scrubs it, removes the junk data...

Now, may I ask you why you want the Update removed? You know that the USBLoaders skip over this partition, and you can't update your Wii by using an USBLoader? Also, you won't gain much Space with deleting it. For my Part, it's nice to be able to convert them to an 1:1 Dump back, and not to recieve a crippled File. Anyways, no, as far as I know there isn't a way to edit .wbfs-Files. Convert them back to an .iso, open them with WiiScrubber and delete the Update-Partition. Then convert it back to .wbfs. Or use Brickblocker, and convert them Back. Though it may be easier to dump them again with CFG-Loader, which you can settup to not include the Update-Partition.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Blue-K said:
tj_cool said:
.wbfs should have the update removed already (they should be smaller than the ISO)
Huh? Are you shure? It depends of the App you've used to make the .wbfs-Files...some have as default the setting to include all Partitions, and really all (WWT for an example). I dunno about other apps...so there's a high possibilitiy that he still has the Update-Partition. Oh, and it's smaller than the ISO because it scrubs it, removes the junk data...
never really thought about that
Thanks for clearing that up
smile.gif

T

TheGlow

OP
looks like i have a mixed bag. i used wbfs_file at first which had a switch apparently to remove, which i didnt know.
now Im using wii game manager which is a gui for wbfs_file but auto copies only game partition by default.
so im ok for now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY