Hacking WBFS files not staying on USB?

Lizaruhoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted my USB drive to FAT32 to play GameCube and Wii games, but every time I put a WBFS file on my USB drive, it disappears within a few minutes. I've already checked for viruses and undid the write protection, but still no luck. Is there any way I can fix this?

Lizaruhoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB brand & model ?
Method used to dump WBFS files to USB ?
Are the WBFS files visible on PC (after dump) ?
The brand says: Mmucco Usb 3.0 Flash Drive 2Tb High-Speed Data Memory Storage Thumb Stick for Usb Pc

I'm using Wii Backup Manager to transfer the files, but it says most of them are invalid.

The WBFS files are visible on the PC, but they disappear a few minutes after the dump or after taking out the USB

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The brand says: Mmucco Usb 3.0 Flash Drive 2Tb High-Speed Data Memory Storage Thumb Stick for Usb Pc

I'm using Wii Backup Manager to transfer the files, but it says most of them are invalid.

The WBFS files are visible on the PC, but they disappear a few minutes after the dump or after taking out the USB
Make sure your USB actually has that space ("2 TB") and make sure your USB is formatted to FAT32 with a 32K cluster size.

Reactions: impeeza

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's yer problem.

That's a fake flash drive judging by the brand name and price. Its capacity isn't truly 2Tb (if it was, it'd be much-much bigger, and much-much more expensive) so whatever you put on it is just overwriting itself and disappearing.

Here's a link to a more legitimate 128GB USB flash drive:
Hopefully you didn't pay any more than $5=10 for that fake USB flash drive.

Reactions: Lizaruhoo

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
100% a fake.
Sorry for the disappointment.
Wow !! What a name (product) :(
Buy a reputable brand (eg: Samsung or SanDisk).
You'd be lucky if you get a true 32gb from your device :(

I haven't tested anything larger than a 512gb micro sdxc in a USB adapter, but it works perfectly.
You won't really need a larger stick, as you will have your fave games fit nicely on a 512gb stick :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch