Just Dance 2 Best buy edition not working properly on USB Loader GX but works fine in dolphin emulator

Entryjyt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am experiencing a very weird issue. When I try to launch the Just dance 2 best buy edition wbfs file on my actual wii, it launches i very awkwardly. The screen is black and white and the screen doesn't fit on the tv. However, if I use that same wbfs file, and use it in dolphin emulator, then I have no problem. Since for whatever reason, if I download the just dance 2 best buy edition from the place I originally get wii games, 7 Zip says there is a data error in it, so I can't directly get the wbfs file. Instead I have to go to other sites and I can only get the RVZ file, then I have to convert it to ISO, since wii backup manager can't convert RVZ to wbfs. I had to use Dolphin to convert RVZ to ISO then wii backup manager convert the ISO to wbfs.
How can I get Just Dance 2 best buy edition to work on my actual wii? Also, where can I get a directly wbfs file for Just Dance 2 best buy edition?
Launching Just Dance 2 best buy edition on dolphin:
Launching Just dance 2 best buy edition on real Wii:

Fien

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is this not a video mode problem? Did you try to switch between 480i/480p? Or load it through USB Loader GX or Wiiflow and force the video mode?

It can also be a TV not supporting the video mode, but it looks like it's a decent TV.

Reactions: CoolMe

Entryjyt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this not a video mode problem? Did you try to switch between 480i/480p? Or load it through USB Loader GX or Wiiflow and force the video mode?

It can also be a TV not supporting the video mode, but it looks like it's a decent TV.
What are you talking about? This Just dance 2 best buy edition game is US REGION GAME, which means it's suppose to use NTSC, NOT PAL.
I don't know how to force the video mode.
I also experimented and tried to add a PAL to NTSC adapter on the wii, as shown in the video below, and that fixed the video issue, but when I go back to the wii menu, it just went no signal screen.
Using the PAL to NTSC converter:

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you talking about? This Just dance 2 best buy edition game is US REGION GAME, which means it's suppose to use NTSC, NOT PAL.
I also experimented and tried to add a PAL to NTSC adapter on the wii, as shown in the video below, and that fixed the video issue, but when I go back to the wii menu, it just went no signal screen.

Just load usb loader gx choose just dance 2 go to settings then game load then video mode then force it to pal if your using a pal Wii you shouldnt need an adapter. The latest version of usb loader gx 1281 should auto detect your game settings so you should not even have to mess with the individual game settings.

Last edited by worm28,
Reactions: CoolMe and blackb0x

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Just dance games need a base 57 to be played, so use either cios 249 or 250 in the settings of your game, it all depends on how you installed your cios.

Fien

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Because it displays fine with the converter, it feels for me it's a video mode issue.

I tried this game on my PAL Wii (connected with component cables) and there's something weird with it. I got it from the "Wii USA Redump" archive to test but USB Loader GX is detecting it as a PAL game :O

Also, if I force it to NTSC it just give a black screen. But in PAL mode it plays fine...

So, are you really sure the game is not running in PAL mode? Try to force it to NTSC and PAL/PAL60 and see what it does.

E8I1uVql.jpg

Just dance games need a base 57 to be played, so use either cios 249 or 250 in the settings of your game, it all depends on how you installed your cios.
I don't think it's a IOS problem if he say it displays fine through a composite-to-HDMI converter?

-------------

Edit: There's is something with the region ID of this game SD2Y41 why it's detected as PAL in USB Loader GX?
https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/9158
https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/11539

Search for "SD2Y41" on the pages.

Last edited by Fien,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Edit: There's is something with the region ID of this game SD2Y41 why it's detected as PAL in USB Loader GX?

USB Loader GX r1281 will correctly identify the region. Although the region info that you see on the screen there isn't used for anything important.

To me this looks like a video mode issue, so I'd first suggest disabling the 480p patch to see if that fixes things.

Reactions: Fien and CoolMe

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Game works fine for me. Pretty certain this is as simple as changing the video settings for the game. Instead of clicking Start after choosing the game, click Settings > Game Load > Video Settings and choose the one that works.

Entryjyt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just load usb loader gx choose just dance 2 go to settings then game load then video mode then force it to pal if your using a pal Wii you shouldnt need an adapter. The latest version of usb loader gx 1281 should auto detect your game settings so you should not even have to mess with the individual game settings.
I found the video settings, and I put it to NTSC mode and that fixed my problem. I don't need the PAL to NSC converter anymore and it'll display good, and when I go back to the wii menu it isn't a No signal screen anymore. Thx for the help!
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, this TV doesn't support PAL. I found the video mode settings and forced it to NTSC, and now the game works perfectly. This TV is actually bought in the christmas of 2008, so I don't think it supports PAL.
Post automatically merged:

E8I1uVql.jpg

I don't think it's a IOS problem if he say it displays fine through a composite-to-HDMI converter?

-------------

Yeah that is very weird. On GameTDB, it says it's a NTSC-U region game, but when I went into my usb loader gx, it said it was a PAL/NTSC-U game. I thought it was only supposed to be a NTSC-U game, since it's best buy edition game, because i don't think there are any best buys outside of North America.

Attachments

• image_1.png
    image_1.png
    815.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20231024_214347.jpg
    IMG_20231024_214347.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
Last edited by Entryjyt,
Reactions: Fien

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that is very weird. On GameTDB, it says it's a NTSC-U region game, but when I went into my usb loader gx, it said it was a PAL/NTSC-U game. I thought it was only supposed to be a NTSC-U game, since it's best buy edition game, because i don't think there are any best buys outside of North America
The loader labels it as PAL / NTSC-U because the 4th character of the game ID is Y, which means that is a special edition.

If you go to Settings > Updates > WiiTDB.xml then the loader will download a database that'll improve game titles, region information accuracy and it'll allow the loader to automatically apply a compatible language to all games.

Last edited by blackb0x,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto