How to check a .wbfs if update partition still there?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TheGlow, Dec 29, 2009.

1. TheGlow
    OP

TheGlow Newbie

I took a few isos and converted them to .wbfs already.
    Now im seeing I can remove the update partition.
    my question is how can I check if its already intact or not?

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    .wbfs should have the update removed already (they should be smaller than the ISO)

3. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Huh? Are you shure? It depends of the App you've used to make the .wbfs-Files...some have as default the setting to include all Partitions, and really all (WWT for an example). I dunno about other apps...so there's a high possibilitiy that he still has the Update-Partition. Oh, and it's smaller than the ISO because it scrubs it, removes the junk data...

Now, may I ask you why you want the Update removed? You know that the USBLoaders skip over this partition, and you can't update your Wii by using an USBLoader? Also, you won't gain much Space with deleting it. For my Part, it's nice to be able to convert them to an 1:1 Dump back, and not to recieve a crippled File. Anyways, no, as far as I know there isn't a way to edit .wbfs-Files. Convert them back to an .iso, open them with WiiScrubber and delete the Update-Partition. Then convert it back to .wbfs. Or use Brickblocker, and convert them Back. Though it may be easier to dump them again with CFG-Loader, which you can settup to not include the Update-Partition.

4. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    never really thought about that
    Thanks for clearing that up [​IMG]

5. TheGlow
    OP

TheGlow Newbie

looks like i have a mixed bag. i used wbfs_file at first which had a switch apparently to remove, which i didnt know.
    now Im using wii game manager which is a gui for wbfs_file but auto copies only game partition by default.
    so im ok for now