Hacking How to backup vWii NAND with a hardware flasher

Aylenah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Is there a guide anywhere that explains how you can dump your vWii NAND using a hardware flasher?
I assume you have to open up the Wii U and find the proper chip.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
If you know how to do it with the wii, well the wii-u is not much different. I have already dumped the vwii nand with an infectus. If you need to ask how to do this stuff then it is safe to assume that you have no previous experience with the wii and you might be better off not touching anything like this so you don't break your expensive toy.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you know how to do it with the wii, well the wii-u is not much different. I have already dumped the vwii nand with an infectus. If you need to ask how to do this stuff then it is safe to assume that you have no previous experience with the wii and you might be better off not touching anything like this so you don't break your expensive toy.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now you have my attention;-) What is the pinout/solder diagram to dump the vWii nand using the infectus? Also, have you tried dumping the Wii U nand? I've seen no diagrams or mention of anything you said but THIS truly interests me. I've used lots of stuff on the 360 so pinout diagrams and soldering does not scare me;-) NOT that it is very useful now but good to have this information. ALSO, curious...if you dumped the Wii U nand, how large was it and was it encrypted? Maybe too far but you seem to be aware if you used an infectus to dump vWii nand, lmfao.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Google it. There are many threads on the NAND pinouts, and the wii's NAND has the same pinout as the PS3's NAND and the 360's NAND. The Wii U mode does not use a NAND, it uses and eMMC, and yes the pinout has already been figured out. I don't have a diagram on hand to show you, but just google around or go into #wiiudev on efnet and ask there.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, those guys hate me, especially megazig. They would piss on my grave if they could, lol. I was looking at the tear-down and did not see similar solder points for the nand/eMMC. Thanks for that reply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok