How to backup all Wii Data before transfer it to Wii U?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Magnus87, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Magnus87
    OP

Magnus87 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 28, 2013
    Argentina
    I bought a Wii U but the transfer data will delete all my save files and Miis. So first I want to backup it to another SD , then use WiiU transfer and lately copy the backup to my Wii

Yes, there is SaveManagerGX but its only copy one file D:. I want to something more automatically

2. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I think a NAND backup may be your safest bet, but don't go accessing the Wii Shop Channel after you restore your NAND post-transfer, as it will cause issues.

3. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    Install Bootmii if you haven't and load it up from homebrew channel (start hb channel and press home button then select bootmii). Then use your wii power and reset buttons (wiimote doesn't work in bootmii). To do a backup. Then transfer your files. After the transfer use bootmii recover from a backup (the one you created). All your files will be back the way it was. For full instructions to use bootmii google it.

4. 3DSXLGamer

3DSXLGamer GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2013
    Canada
    Animal Forest
    That what I did, just nand backup and put it back on after the transfer done.

5. TheToaster

TheToaster Warrior of the Toast

Aug 11, 2015
    United States
    USA
    This type of thread should really be posted in a Wii discussion subforum, not in the tutorials section.