Hacking Icky situation

Ripoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So umm for context I transferred everything from my 64 GB SDHC card to my 254 GB SDXC Card and I thought everything went well until I found out the card became "corrupted" meaning everytime I put a file with its files in it the files would get deleted by itself again for extra context I bought this Wii as a pre-modded Wii... So yea I feel like I gotta format the SD card but I dunno if it's safe to do so (scared that I may brick it) also for extra EXTRA context last time I checked the homebrew channel all of a sudden all my "apps" were gone so at this point do I just format the SD card and do the modding all myself or......?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
At any point in time u can start with a freshly formatted sd card to softmod or resoftmod your wii, zero brick risk (sd card is not required for the wii to function). If u have anything custom on the card, like games saves, mii's, or emunands u may want to back that up before formatting.

It sounds like u may have been scammed and purchased an SD card advertised with larger storage than what is actually supported, more info here:
https://www.ghacks.net/2018/03/14/8-tools-to-detect-fake-storage-devices/

Either that or your card is just failing

Edit: Ps, u can use modmii for all your wii softmodding needs, or wii.hacks.guide if u don't have windows and can't run modmii

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1