Hacking Homebrew Trying to retrieve mii data and saves from old nand backup to transfer to a new wii.

Holybond

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My family's old wii from like 2009 finally died. I had made a backup when it was first softmodded. I'm trying to extract the saves and mii data from that nand and put it onto this new wii. When trying to utilize dolphin to import the nand, when I attempt to boot into the system menu it's simply a black screen.

Now with this black screen, if I repair the nand and remove an entry that's specified. It then boots up. Once loaded it'll give me a mii channel/data error. This directs me to go into the mii channel to correct it. Going into it only causes it to state that the mii data is corrupted. I'm unsure if the nand backup is actually corrupt because it's reading my other saves correctly that was originally on the internal storage of the wii.

Basically, what's the best way for me to go about porting over this mii and save data to this new softmodded wii? Thanks.

Trophies
XP
My family's old wii from like 2009 finally died. I had made a backup when it was first softmodded. I'm trying to extract the saves and mii data from that nand and put it onto this new wii. When trying to utilize dolphin to import the nand, when I attempt to boot into the system menu it's simply a black screen.

Now with this black screen, if I repair the nand and remove an entry that's specified. It then boots up. Once loaded it'll give me a mii channel/data error. This directs me to go into the mii channel to correct it. Going into it only causes it to state that the mii data is corrupted. I'm unsure if the nand backup is actually corrupt because it's reading my other saves correctly that was originally on the internal storage of the wii.

Basically, what's the best way for me to go about porting over this mii and save data to this new softmodded wii? Thanks.
First: You should have made backups regularly. It's best to do that this time.
Second: The Wii's file's and save data are all encoded from what I know. You'll need to get a expert to help.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use showmiiwads to extract your nand.bin you need your keys in the same folder i think then use wiixplorer to copy and past the saves and miis you need to enable writing to the nand in wiixplorer settings miis are located in the nand/shared2/menu/FaceLib/RFL_DB.dat and nand saves are located in nand/title/00010000 folder just place them on your sd card and copy past with wiixplorer i just did this with my vWii nand and it works like a charm on my new gamecube compatable Wii.

Last edited by worm28,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021