Hardware NAND Load / Unload Question?

Trophies
XP
I'm getting a Wii U in a few days and I;d like to ask: If I transferred my data to the vWii, and then loaded my NAND from a backup saved right before that on my normal Wii, would that make a clone of my data?

Thanks.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm getting a Wii U in a few days and I;d like to ask: If I transferred my data to the vWii, and then loaded my NAND from a backup saved right before that on my normal Wii, would that make a clone of my data?

Thanks.
Yes, this works. You can clone purchased WiiWare/Virtual Console that way.

Never connect the original Wii to the (defunct) Wii Shop Channel afterwards. Doing so will make the shop delete all your paid stuff since the licenses are moved to the Wii U.
Note that NAND restore is dangerous for all Wii console that can not have BootMii in boot2. It would be safer to re-install the games from WAD files on the Wii. Be sure to have a NAND backup and Priiloader nevertheless.

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: jeannotte

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Question about that part...

Because I'm keeping my Wii, does that mean it just gets rid of the licenses or all of it like the channels and such?
The licenses are moved (server side) from the Wii to the Wii U (one way road!) and the installed games are removed in the process from the Wii (I don't even know if it transfers the save data or just throws it away, but it should inform you – in doubt backup first).

If you restore the NAND backup from before the transfer everything is like you never ran the transfer. But only locally. The server still knows your Wii has no licenses for the games anymore… so the shop removes what you do not have. This has no effect on custom channels. Homebrew Channel and forwarders do NOT get deleted by the shop.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol