How To Apply A Skin or Decal To The 3Ds Console

You Will Need :
Windex or a Windex Like Product.
2x Cloths
Decal or Skin
Ruler
MicroFibre Cloth, (Comes With Glasses and such)

Make Sure To Wash Your Hands Thoroughly To Remove Any Oils From Your Hands
Power Fans Off, Preferably Apply Skins In an Enclosed Area.
1. Lightly moisten a cloth with Windex or Simple Green.
2. Wipe down the system housing, being careful not to touch the cameras or screens.
3. Use a dry cloth to dry the areas you ahve cleaned.
For Best Results:
Use a micro fibre cloth to wipe over the 3Ds after cleaning.
4. Make sure there are no particles on the are where the Decal or Skin will be applied.
5. If possible start with the skin for the top of the housing. Line up the holes for the outer cameras with the skin, using both hands, gently lay the skin to the surface. Let the middle of the skin touch first. If needed use a ruler to flatten the sticker to the housing.
6. Start rubbing up and down from the middle and work your way out to the edges, one side at a time.
7. Repeat Step 4 for the bottom of the housing, and line up the corners of the skin to the corners of the housing i.e where the little plastic bumpers are, using both hands, gently lay the skin to the surface. Let the middle of the skin touch first.
8. Start rubbing up and down from the middle and work your way out to the edges, one side at a time, Making sure there are no bubles while doing this. If needed use a ruler to flatten the sticker to the housing.
9. Open up the unit and double check that you cleaned the inside of the 3Ds. Now line up the piece that goes around the bottom screen. Line it up with the edges of the screen, circle pad, d-pad and buttons . Gently lay it to the surface. Start rubbing from the center and work your way to the ends, taking your time around the buttons and the d-pad and circle pad.
10. Line up the edges of the skin, with the edge of the inner housing and the top screen, being mindful of the speakers. Rub from the edges and out to the edge of the housing. Smooth with a ruler if neccesary.

Reactions: Margen67

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest that after gathering supplies step, that one would be thourough to wash and dry their hands just before beginning.

These are decals, and they are sticky. No one wants their finger oils to permanantly imprint the sticky side of their decal even if it would be covored.

It also doesn't to turn off ceiling fans and such to keep dust from moving around. This advice also applies to applying screen protectors on any device with a screen.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would suggest that after gathering supplies step, that one would be thourough to wash and dry their hands just before beginning.

These are decals, and they are sticky. No one wants their finger oils to permanantly imprint the sticky side of their decal even if it would be covored.

It also doesn't to turn off ceiling fans and such to keep dust from moving around. This advice also applies to applying screen protectors on any device with a screen.
The Ceiling Fans Is COmmon Sense.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes. Thanks alot for that guide. I was wondering if a micro fibre cloth was okay for glasses or should i just get the actual small lens cleaner that comes with every pair of glasses.

Here is my successful placement of my navi decal I ordered from etsy on my red 3DS:
img0237cc.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up