How to add channel wads?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Avalanche21, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Avalanche21
    OP

Avalanche21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2009
    United States
    Hello, i have a softmodded wii v 4.2u, everything runs fine, i was wondering how to add a homebrew app to the wii channels, such as neogamma or usb loader, i found the wads for these however, when i go to wad manager v1.5, what do i select, which IOS to install this to? I tried 249 and they tried to load from SD but it just gives me an error somthing like -1ret or somthing.

Thanks in advance

2. DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

May 30, 2009
    Venezuela
    Cabimas, Zulia, Venezuela.
    Try to format you SD to FAT16 or use the v1.4 of the WAD Manager. It seems to be a bug of this version, indeed...

3. antisocialian

antisocialian Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2009
    Canada
    i got this error using either wad manager 1.4 or 1.5. i found the problem was the SD card i was using was an 8gig card. when i used a 1gig card everything worked fine.

4. DarkMatterCore

May 30, 2009
    Venezuela
    Mine is a 2GB SD card, and I get the error randomly, D:...

5. dkmaster

dkmaster Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2008
    Greece
    Sorry for posting here but I didn't want to create a new topic. Can someone tells how to uninstall channels from the system menu?

6. Ultralex

Ultralex GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Delete them with the Wii menu or uninstall them with wad manager(but you need the wad of the channel on the sd)

7. DarkMatterCore

May 30, 2009
    Venezuela
    ... Or use apps such as AnyTitle Deleter DB, but only if you know what are you messing with...