• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

How old were you when you actually understood politics enough to choose a party or affiliation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it be great if money didn't buy your votes?
Money wasn't considered equivalent to speech before Citizens United.

Maybe it'd help by recognizing that fiat is dark, by design, and has no meaningful limit to how much can be printed.
In a political context, "dark money" means coming from undisclosed donors and often in undisclosed amounts. There's far more transparency to average transactions than that. Though I appreciate the anti-capitalist sentiment.

"Money" is as close to a democracy you have established, so far.
More like money is the closest thing to a god that the right actually worships.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
/woosh as usual. It's impossible to get any concession from you, so dialogue with you is probably less meaningful than talking to a goldfish or a wall. Nothing you say shows that you recognize the points of what I wrote. Just shit-takes you feel familiar with, and aversion from the things that contradict what you have faith in.

"Chew soap" :rofl2:

Last edited by tabzer,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nothing you say shows that you recognize the points of what I wrote.
There was a point to any of that hypocritical Gish galloping? Could've fooled me.

If you're gonna cheer for authoritarianism and the downfall of American democracy, at least have the stones to be direct about it instead of trying to play both sides from the middle.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a point to any of that hypocritical Gish galloping? Could've fooled me.

If you're gonna cheer for authoritarianism and the downfall of American democracy, at least have the stones to be direct about it.
You are accusing him of cheering for your ACCUSATIONS of him, not what he actually said. At least have to stones to admit that.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You are accusing him of cheering for your ACCUSATIONS of him, not what he actually said. At least have to stones to admit that.
I've been going back and forth with Tabzy for years, and the "enlightened centrist" act he puts on went stale years ago too. Like so many other righties he's a nihilist, and therefore has a need to try to convince the rest of us that all hope is lost before the fight has even begun.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been going back and forth with Tabzy for years, and the "enlightened centrist" act he puts on went stale years ago too. Like so many other righties he's a nihilist, and therefore has a need to try to convince the rest of us that all hope is lost before the fight has even begun.
No, I know. You don't know this, but I have been here a lot longer than I have been posting. I have seen your rants for years, as well as his and mrdudes and others. It's all the same bullshit.

No one ever comes to agreement because no one is capable of discussing anything without personal attacks. I must say, you tend to be better than most leftists. And he's not bad for a non-leftist, either. It SOMETIMES comes close to an actual debate.

• Haha

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No one ever comes to agreement because no one is capable of discussing anything without personal attacks.
It do be like that with modern identity politics and culture wars. Can't have substantive policy debates when one of two parties has no policy platforms beyond "fuck immigrants/poors/trans people."

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It do be like that with modern identity politics and culture wars. Can't have substantive policy debates when one of two parties has no policy platforms beyond "fuck immigrants/poors/trans people."
"Fuck ILLEGAL immigrants, fuck INTENTIONALLY poor people, let's stop enabling people with gender dysphoria and start helping them instead".

Fixed it for you.

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi and Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Such self awareness. Like calling others "things", for example.

There must be a mistake, clearly, as I don't see any fixes, only mistakes by the "Fixer".
I'm just going to start "Loving" everything you say. It's obvious that you are desperate for attention and, might I say, affection from me.

It's something I am willing to give to you. Here's some more attention, my beloved Thing #2. You're about to get promoted, if you keep this up.

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just going to start "Loving" everything you say. It's obvious that you are desperate for attention and, might I say, affection from me.

It's something I am willing to give to you. Here's some more attention, my beloved Thing #2. You're about to get promoted, if you keep this up.
You do you, but keep all this affectation of hypocrisy to yourself please :) I don't really want attention from something that writes what's quoted below.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/opinions-on-teaching-about-lgbtq-in-school.640034/page-27#post-10251947

https://gbatemp.net/threads/opinions-on-teaching-about-lgbtq-in-school.640034/page-25#post-102518

https://gbatemp.net/threads/opinions-on-teaching-about-lgbtq-in-school.640034/page-28#post-102520

https://gbatemp.net/threads/opinions-on-teaching-about-lgbtq-in-school.640034/page-28#post-102520

https://gbatemp.net/threads/opinions-on-teaching-about-lgbtq-in-school.640034/page-29#post-102520

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol