Hacking How much do Flashcards affect DS battery life ??

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fair enough, I didn't check all the tests, but I was still mostly right.
tongue.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ocrap, I screwed up my GBA test. It's actually 2 button presses above mute. So for my other tests, I'll just use that volume setting to keep it consistent.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BLEH. ignore this. I miserably failed at the test.

5:15 i think. I went to the bathroom, and totally forgot about the test.
(this is retail)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@yayMii: I'm confused - but based on your (multiple) posts I'm guessing you done a DSiXL with Commercial Game & it was ~5hr 15mins, if so - what about the WiFi (on/off) ??

@fudgenuts64: Thanks for that, but I think the test was actually 3b
laugh.gif
(with Wifi turned on) - AFAIK on DSLites you can't turn it off

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was WiFi off.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the DS lite test counts as 2b because the DS lite doesn't constantly broadcast in the menu.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
@yayMii: I'm confused - but based on your (multiple) posts I'm guessing you done a DSiXL with Commercial Game & it was ~5hr 15mins, if so - what about the WiFi (on/off) ??

@fudgenuts64: Thanks for that, but I think the test was actually 3b
laugh.gif
(with Wifi turned on) - AFAIK on DSLites you can't turn it off
It was 2b. The WiFi being turned on is indicated by the power light flashing.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need to work on the scientific method a little bit. You need to test sound OFF on the DSL/DS, alongside lowest brightness on the DSL. (DS can turn off brightness, I've never really done it because it doesn't work well)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
W hat said:
I think you need to work on the scientific method a little bit. You need to test sound OFF on the DSL/DS, alongside lowest brightness on the DSL. (DS can turn off brightness, I've never really done it because it doesn't work well)
Well - as I've said before - If you fancy hanging around for anything up to 10hours waiting for your DS to switch off (so that you can note exactly WHEN it does it), go ahead - I'm not stopping you.
You've even answered part of your suggestion - 'turning off the light doesn't work very well', so I'd guess MOST people don't play with the light off that often

I've only suggested a set of tests that each DS system can do, so that we can have a comparison between them

I've only suggested high brightness to create the shortest possible wait time you'll need to hang around for before it switches off.
I Could've said Highest volume/highest brightness/WiFi on etc - to produce even shorter times (possibly), but I think many people would get annoyed listening to the same music/sound effects for hours on end

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
W hat said:
Well - as I've said before - If you fancy hanging around for anything up to 10hours waiting for your DS to switch off (so that you can note exactly WHEN it does it), go ahead - I'm not stopping you.
You've even answered part of your suggestion - 'turning off the light doesn't work very well', so I'd guess MOST people don't play with the light off that often
BTW, the DS Phat's screen is actually easier to see in sunlight (compared to the other DS models). I used to have a GBA SP AGS-001 (which has a very similar screen as the DS Phat. The newer AGS-101 has a DSlite-like screen) and I always turned off the backlight when outdoors, since the backlight doesn't change the visibility of the screen when it's in the sunlight.

BTW, I couldn't really test anything in the past few days, I went camping.

X1pheR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CannonFoddr said:
DSTwo+ROM (Sonic Rush)+ WiFi turned off: 3hrs 18mins
AK2i + ROM (Sonic Rush) + WiFi turned off: 3hrs 24mins
It is said that the DSTWO drains so much battery time. But seeing the results I can conclude that the AK2i is just as worse? Because they differ only several minutes.

Jacobf0303

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tested my DS Lite's battery with the battery life timer 3.1 with an R4i Gold 3DS RTS and got 4 hours and 45 minutes.
Side note: daaang this thread was created when I was 3 years old.

Last edited by Jacobf0303,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__