Hacking How do you play backups downloaded from torrent sites?

vault412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hacked my Wii U yesterday following this guide. I bought Brain Age and installed Haxchi, there is a 64GB sdcard in my Wii U. I believe I hacked the Wii U correctly. Anyways, I'm a member of a torrent site that has pretty much every Wii/Wii U game. My son wanted to play Kirby's Return To Dream Land(Wii) on his Wii U. I found and downloaded Kirby's Return to Dream Land (USA) (En,Fr,Es).wbfs. I'm still new to all of this homebrew so I have no idea where to start. I have tons of Wii/Wii U games that are in .iso & .wbfs format, how do I go about playing these, what is the easiest method? There so many tutorials it's overwhelming.

D

Deleted User

I just hacked my Wii U yesterday following this guide. I bought Brain Age and installed Haxchi, there is a 64GB sdcard in my Wii U. I believe I hacked the Wii U correctly. Anyways, I'm a member of a torrent site that has pretty much every Wii/Wii U game. My son wanted to play Kirby's Return To Dream Land(Wii) on his Wii U. I found and downloaded Kirby's Return to Dream Land (USA) (En,Fr,Es).wbfs. I'm still new to all of this homebrew so I have no idea where to start. I have tons of Wii/Wii U games that are in .iso & .wbfs format, how do I go about playing these, what is the easiest method? There so many tutorials it's overwhelming.
Use USB Loader GX on vWii.

vault412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The vWii guide should get you setup. There's a ton of information there, but just follow the guide in the main post and it's easy to understand.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

My Wii U was on 5.5.3 I believe. These vWii tutorials say I need earlier firmware?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use USB Loader GX on vWii.

I have no clue what vWii is but from what I briefly saw dont I have to be on a lower firmware than 5.5.3? Because thats what I was on when I installed Hax or whatever.

D

Deleted User

wbfs files can be played on the vwii with usbloader gx or wiiflow or cfgusbloader, or if u have a somewhat powerful pc you can use the dolphin emulator

vault412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There used to be a flow chart they showed you what you could convert to what and what it would run off of, but I can't seem to find it sadly

D

Deleted User

I have no clue what vWii is but from what I briefly saw dont I have to be on a lower firmware than 5.5.3? Because thats what I was on when I installed Hax or whatever.
vWii is the virtual wii client of WiiU. A wbfs file only works on Wii/vWii. So you will have to soft mod your vWii. Follow this guide: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/vwii-modding.html

Another way that you could load Wii wbfs/iso is using Wii VC injector (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/). This is the preferred method to use Wii games on WiiU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro