How do you play backups downloaded from torrent sites?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by budmonster, Jul 29, 2019.

1. budmonster
    OP

budmonster Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    I just hacked my Wii U yesterday following this guide. I bought Brain Age and installed Haxchi, there is a 64GB sdcard in my Wii U. I believe I hacked the Wii U correctly. Anyways, I'm a member of a torrent site that has pretty much every Wii/Wii U game. My son wanted to play Kirby's Return To Dream Land(Wii) on his Wii U. I found and downloaded Kirby's Return to Dream Land (USA) (En,Fr,Es).wbfs. I'm still new to all of this homebrew so I have no idea where to start. I have tons of Wii/Wii U games that are in .iso & .wbfs format, how do I go about playing these, what is the easiest method? There so many tutorials it's overwhelming.

2. SScorpio

SScorpio Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
  3. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Make absolutely positive that you DO NOT EVER install things meant for the Wii U on to the vWii & vice versa.

x65943 likes this.
  4. gary4356767

gary4356767 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2018
    United States
    Virginia
    Use USB Loader GX on vWii.

5. budmonster
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    My Wii U was on 5.5.3 I believe. These vWii tutorials say I need earlier firmware?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have no clue what vWii is but from what I briefly saw dont I have to be on a lower firmware than 5.5.3? Because thats what I was on when I installed Hax or whatever.

6. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    wbfs files can be played on the vwii with usbloader gx or wiiflow or cfgusbloader, or if u have a somewhat powerful pc you can use the dolphin emulator

7. budmonster
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Is the vid tutoria for vwii? im trying to follow this https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/ but i have no clue. all i know is i was on firmware 5.5.3, i bought brain age and followed the tutorail in the op and install haxchi and the homebrew launcher.

8. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    There used to be a flow chart they showed you what you could convert to what and what it would run off of, but I can't seem to find it sadly

9. IncredulousP
    This message by IncredulousP has been removed from public view by x65943, Jul 31, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    Jul 29, 2019
  10. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    use this guide. it is perfect for beginners

-snip-

Last edited by x65943, Jul 31, 2019
  11. EmulateLife
    This message by EmulateLife has been removed from public view by x65943, Jul 31, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    Jul 29, 2019
  12. BaamAlex
    This message by BaamAlex has been removed from public view by x65943, Jul 31, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    Jul 29, 2019
  13. Missingphy
    This message by Missingphy has been removed from public view by x65943, Jul 31, 2019, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Jul 30, 2019
  14. gary4356767

gary4356767 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2018
    United States
    Virginia
    vWii is the virtual wii client of WiiU. A wbfs file only works on Wii/vWii. So you will have to soft mod your vWii. Follow this guide: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/vwii-modding.html

Another way that you could load Wii wbfs/iso is using Wii VC injector (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/). This is the preferred method to use Wii games on WiiU.