how do you check current firmware level of a ps3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by jpcapone, Nov 12, 2010.

1. jpcapone
    OP

jpcapone Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2007
    United States
    i want to buy a used ps3 but i ask people what firmware version they are on and none of them can tell me. so if anyone knows how to do it i will take that and tell them prospective sellers how to do it. thanks in advance.

2. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    First result in Google searching for "check firmware version of ps3". http://us.playstation.com/support/systemup...s/ps3/index.htm

3. jpcapone
    OP

jpcapone Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2007
    United States
    they werent the first results in google for me but thanks for trolling

4. fairlyevenparents

fairlyevenparents GBAtemp Fan

Sep 21, 2009
    United States
    united states
    He was helping you but thanks for being rude anyways
    (SirJaf is right)

5. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    No problem mate. BTW, I seem to have a misunderstanding of the term "trolling". By my reckoning, its someone who offers nothing constructive, but clearly thats not what you're saying as I told you EXACTLY what you asked, so could you please give me a better definition? Thanks.

6. jpcapone
    OP

jpcapone Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2007
    United States
    ok ok dude i am not trying to be an a$$ and apparently you weren't either. fact is i googled it with slightly different terms than you did so i can see why we had different results. fact is - it should not have been that hard for me to find those simple steps. i actually went to a mall - in down town philly - the gallery - which has an underground videogame store. they had a used ps3 slim (which i really didnt want but it had a 250 GB) and me and the store manager figured out how to find it. he actually opened the used box and hooked up the system so that i could see the firmware. 3.21...-- i am good

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice