Hacking How do I use USB controllers for Wii VC

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So, a wii mini exploit is releasing soon (but that's not the case now), and the first thing I'm planning to do was to download some sweet sweet N64 VC games but...

the problem is, I don't have any classic controllers lying around, nor does any gamestore sell classic controllers...
So I thought "meh, there must be some kind of app that makes the usb controllers act like classic controllers"...

are there any though?
Like, seriously, is there any hb app that "emulates" the classic controller?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can't (without getting an USB to Classic or GC converter, or going very great efforts to write one in software like Aurelio is doing for GC>Wiimote without knowing if it will fit well in memory), the Wii is not a true multitasking system apart from IOS (which is not normally responsible for controller support) so each title would need to support USB devices individually

The closest thing is making forwarders to homebrew emulators...

and btw the wii mini exploit you were so hyped for is out

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, a wii mini exploit is releasing soon (but that's not the case now), and the first thing I'm planning to do was to download some sweet sweet N64 VC games but...

the problem is, I don't have any classic controllers lying around, nor does any gamestore sell classic controllers...
So I thought "meh, there must be some kind of app that makes the usb controllers act like classic controllers"...

are there any though?
Like, seriously, is there any hb app that "emulates" the classic controller?
Use homebrew emulators instead, they support Wiimote (+ Nunchuck)

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk