how difficult is it to replace a SD Module on an Non XL N3DS?

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a backup of my 3DS's NANDnot terribly recent so some saves would be lost vs anything from auto backups last time i used JKSV/Checkpoint (and i still have the MicroSD) but how hard is it to replace the SD Module on the Non XL N3DS? or am i just better off trying to secure atleast a N3DS XL? (it'd been a pain as-is sourcing a Replacement battery that isnt sketchy AF for the Non XL N3DS :/ i guess if its too difficult to replace the SD Module in a cramped space, i.e. without disconnecting the screen ribbons.. i might just use it as a motivation anyway.)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a backup of my 3DS's NANDnot terribly recent so some saves would be lost vs anything from auto backups last time i used JKSV/Checkpoint (and i still have the MicroSD) but how hard is it to replace the SD Module on the Non XL N3DS? or am i just better off trying to secure atleast a N3DS XL? (it'd been a pain as-is sourcing a Replacement battery that isnt sketchy AF for the Non XL N3DS :/ i guess if its too difficult to replace the SD Module in a cramped space, i.e. without disconnecting the screen ribbons.. i might just use it as a motivation anyway.)
New 3DS µSD reader is very easy to replace.
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+3DS+2015+SD+Card+Reader+Replacement/72242

The problem with the battery: As far as I know the KTR-003 has not been used in any other device and the N3DS wasn't sold in great quantities. You might be able to to use a CTR-003 (or a third party CTR-003 replacement) and some padding if you ever need a battery (again).
The spare parts situation for N3DS non-XL is not ideal.

Good luck and have fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that...