How can you change the shape of GBA inject icons? (UWUVCI)

Kitoparr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really not a big deal, but I would like if all my gba games looked more cohesive on the menu. All of the official ones are rectangular, but the ones that I manually inject, have more of a square shape.

These two were auto-filled, and FFVI has the exact shape that I'm going for. So I'm curious as to how they managed that.

Is there any special setting that I'm missing or is there a specific aspect ratio I should be using?
20240307_141319.png
20240307_141229.png

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I once asked the similar question in the official thread but I didn't really got the answer I was looking for.
I'd suggest that you do the math yourself i.e. make a screenshot of the window and cut the inner image out in order to figure out the aspect ratio (resolution will tell you that info). After that, create an image in a bit bigger resolution and make your custom icons. You don't have to be really precise, pixel here and there won't really make a big difference.

EDIT: If you're making a square shaped ones, make sure to add the black bars on the sides so that it doesn't mess up the aspect ratio.

Reactions: Kitoparr

Kitoparr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I once asked the similar question in the official thread but I didn't really got the answer I was looking for.
I'd suggest that you do the math yourself i.e. make a screenshot of the window and cut the inner image out in order to figure out the aspect ratio (resolution will tell you that info). After that, create an image in a bit bigger resolution and make your custom icons. You don't have to be really precise, pixel here and there won't really make a big difference.

EDIT: If you're making a square shaped ones, make sure to add the black bars on the sides so that it doesn't mess up the aspect ratio.
Yeah, it definitely seems liked UWUVCI doesn't resize for different aspect ratios. So I did a little bit of searching around and found some templates that were almost exactly what I wanted.

I made a couple of changes to the gba template and created my own custom icons. I'm really happy with how they turned out. They blend in a lot better now:

2024-03-12_23.12.32.365_DRC.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto