It reviewed well, so there's hope if it sold well. Cing are a small independent company and they're currently working on a game for the Wii (project '0').
If you're hankering for more detective themed adventures on the ds, there are a few on the horizon. The Silver Case is getting a ds remake and english release, so is Flower, Sun, and Rain, and Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles (Jinguuji Saburo).
Don't forget Professor Layton. It seems like a detective type story, it's slated for an English release in February. Also AnotherCode/Trace Memory is made by Cinq as well. In an interview (google it) the head of Cinq stated that they'd are considering a transition for Hotel Dusk/Another Code -> Wii in the same way that Trauma Center moved from DS to Wii. Could be great, especially now that we have Sam and Max also coming to the Wii. I enjoyed both Cinq games for the DS.
I loved Hotel Dusk, but I couldn't quite get into Another Code, although I didn't play it long. Hotel Dusk seems pretty much ended at the end of the game, leaving little space for a sequel i think.
Is there a sequel nessacary? I think Trace Memory and HotelDusk were nice storys which played in a closed universe... so i would say, we need a game which has the same gameplay technic but with a complete new story and universe
No a sequel isn't needed, in some ways, like Portal, it had all it needed in one fail swoop. Now, if they made a spinoff game, and not a true sequel, say with a certain associate of Kyle Hydes that went missing... I think you know where this is going...
The interview with Cinq's head said their next project most likely will be on the Wii. So I'm sorry to that end, hopefully at that point you can pick one up in any store.
In so far as a sequel, I'm not sure, although maybe a tangential link between the 3 stories exists (AC/HD/next Cinq game)
I couldn't get into Another Code/Trace Memory either. It just seemed too childish, whereas Hotel Dusk felt a lot more serious, despite its humour. Hotel Dusk remains my favorite DS game, but there's the risk that a sequel could bastardise the original game. I think Hotel Dusk should be left alone and Cinq should focus on creating new self-contained games within the same genre. Besides, Hotel Dusk finished off really neatly. As already stated, I don't think there's any room left for a sequel.
I wouldn't want another Hotel Dusk sequel, as the story was wrapped up pretty well. I would, however, want another game with similar art style and a new detective story. Too bad Cing's next project is focusing on the Wii. Here's hoping some other company will take up on their success.
Like mostly everyone else in this thread, I don't think a sequel is necessary. If a sequel were released, it would probably be pretty hackneyed, anyway, because of the nature of the story and its wonderful conclusion.
That said, I've really been wanting an in-depth prequel since I first finished the game. Of course, even if a sequel is released, I'll eat it up. I just want Kyle Hyde in another game.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
To celebrate its 25th anniversary, XBOX has launched pre-orders for the XBOX 25th Anniversary Collection. For the occasion, the trailer below was aired.
This...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...