Gaming Hotel Dusk Room 215

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It reviewed well, so there's hope if it sold well. Cing are a small independent company and they're currently working on a game for the Wii (project '0').

If you're hankering for more detective themed adventures on the ds, there are a few on the horizon. The Silver Case is getting a ds remake and english release, so is Flower, Sun, and Rain, and Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles (Jinguuji Saburo).

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget Professor Layton. It seems like a detective type story, it's slated for an English release in February. Also AnotherCode/Trace Memory is made by Cinq as well. In an interview (google it) the head of Cinq stated that they'd are considering a transition for Hotel Dusk/Another Code -> Wii in the same way that Trauma Center moved from DS to Wii. Could be great, especially now that we have Sam and Max also coming to the Wii. I enjoyed both Cinq games for the DS.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I loved Hotel Dusk, but I couldn't quite get into Another Code, although I didn't play it long. Hotel Dusk seems pretty much ended at the end of the game, leaving little space for a sequel i think.

scoozer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a sequel nessacary? I think Trace Memory and HotelDusk were nice storys which played in a closed universe... so i would say, we need a game which has the same gameplay technic but with a complete new story and universe

like two different books

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No a sequel isn't needed, in some ways, like Portal, it had all it needed in one fail swoop. Now, if they made a spinoff game, and not a true sequel, say with a certain associate of Kyle Hydes that went missing... I think you know where this is going...

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if they do make a sequel i hope its not on wii.because i dont have 1
frown.gif
:'(
cry.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The interview with Cinq's head said their next project most likely will be on the Wii. So I'm sorry to that end, hopefully at that point you can pick one up in any store.

In so far as a sequel, I'm not sure, although maybe a tangential link between the 3 stories exists (AC/HD/next Cinq game)

aeSentinel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
forums.ds-xtreme.com
XP
Country
I couldn't get into Another Code/Trace Memory either. It just seemed too childish, whereas Hotel Dusk felt a lot more serious, despite its humour. Hotel Dusk remains my favorite DS game, but there's the risk that a sequel could bastardise the original game. I think Hotel Dusk should be left alone and Cinq should focus on creating new self-contained games within the same genre. Besides, Hotel Dusk finished off really neatly. As already stated, I don't think there's any room left for a sequel.

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I wouldn't want another Hotel Dusk sequel, as the story was wrapped up pretty well. I would, however, want another game with similar art style and a new detective story. Too bad Cing's next project is focusing on the Wii. Here's hoping some other company will take up on their success.

tawal

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like mostly everyone else in this thread, I don't think a sequel is necessary. If a sequel were released, it would probably be pretty hackneyed, anyway, because of the nature of the story and its wonderful conclusion.

That said, I've really been wanting an in-depth prequel since I first finished the game. Of course, even if a sequel is released, I'll eat it up. I just want Kyle Hyde in another game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte