Hori to Release Three USB GameCube Controllers for the Switch

upload_2018-7-24_18-36-14.png

The legendary maker of third party accessories again looks to please consumers in announcing three new GameCube-themed USB controllers for the Nintendo Switch. Accounting for the additional required buttons for the console, an extra shoulder button has been added for ZL, and the space where Start would otherwise sit has been fitted with the additional Minus, Home, and Screenshot buttons. On top of this, the controller boasts a three-stage rapid fire feature functional with each button, including the D-Pad.

upload_2018-7-24_18-43-8.png

Available in October in the above designs, would you like to see these controllers come west? Would you buy them for the upcoming release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, or would you rather use the official GameCube adapter? Let us know your thoughts.

:arrow: Source

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's great, these will be really useful for Dolphin.
They look almost identical to the Classic Controller ones they made (Hori Battle Pad), and those were supposedly really good.
But why did they go with a single Z button? The Hori Battle Pad had one on either side, that makes much more sense than having to toggle it between the two.

Reactions: CuriousTommy

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh wow. How much money did you get for that news? :P
Pffft, if only. I don't do FP news that often so I'm still kinda coming to terms with everything. In my defence here though, Hori are somewhat legendary as peripheral makers. They go waaaaaay back.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: hippy dave

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
what about the R and L? they are "click" like the old as classic controll port or would have pressure too?
i highly doubt they are pressure ones, since its a switch controller and no switch controller uses pressure sensitive controllers i see no reason for them to pay extra for a feature that wont be used by 99% of games, maybe only smash and maybe, since joycons and switch pro controller dont have pressure triggers i doubt sakurai makes gc controllers have an advantage over switch pro imo.

Reactions: Sliter and SonicMC

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i highly doubt they are pressure ones, since its a switch controller and no switch controller uses pressure sensitive controllers i see no reason for them to pay extra for a feature that wont be used by 99% of games, maybe only smash and maybe, since joycons and switch pro controller dont have pressure triggers i doubt sakurai makes gc controllers have an advantage over switch pro imo.
Racing games could greatly benefit from it though.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope these are the same price ad the rumored Power A Cube controllers. Last time Hori made a set of Cube controllers, was during Smash for Wii U and they were priced the same as the PDP pads.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope these don’t have the weird GameCube shoulder buttons. They were very uncomfortable to use. Hard to press at times. Sometimes they also required extreme force to work. They were the worst parts of the GameCube controller n I hope they never make a mistake of using them ever again

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Racing games could greatly benefit from it though.
They'd only benefit from it if the devs account for it when making the game, which is unlikely if only a few third party controllers support it. If Nintendo made an official controller with proper triggers, it could be something that's used, but it seems unlikely.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The ones hori made for Wii u did not have pressure, don't think these will either.
I was with the small hope of GC VC mini leak there XD

Reactions: SonicMC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-