Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
iluvfupaburgers said:
yeah, i actually do see it as a decision. other animal species dont do this. if it were some sort of dissorder, we would see it in other animals. but the fact is that this has only been seen in 2 species. humans and dolphins. why, because sex means something else than just reproduction, its also pleasure aswell. you took the decision that you like men, not conciously, but you did. and many factors of this decision have been because of your life. maybe because of living in such a close minded environment took you to being gay.
OH really?
Let me make a nice list then of animals that have been found to have homosexuals.
Cats, dogs, rats, horses, lions, ducts, monkeys, elephants, chinchillas, pigs, and whales to name a few.
Now these are just a few off the topic of my head.
Homosexuality is as much a choice as you are being heterosexual.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
iluvfupaburgers said:
and im the ignorant for thinking that homosexuality is a sickness?? hmm, yeah, im the ignorant here

If you refer to homosexuality as a sickness, there is something wrong with you. It isn't a disorder, a disease, or even a problem. Although homosexual people do defy the basic ideal of continuing the human race, in an overpopulated world, it is becoming less and less of a problem. Outside of defying that, there is nothing physically or mentally wrong with them. From a medical standpoint, you are also screaming ignorance. I would like you to find one, respectable, medical professional that would refer to homosexuality as a sickness.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never understood this choice argument. How it is even relevant? Even if it is a choice, what difference would that make? Are people not allowed to make choices about what they do with their own body?

Though, if it is a choice, we should all choose to be gay and put a stop to overpopulation.

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Nathan Drake said:
iluvfupaburgers said:
and im the ignorant for thinking that homosexuality is a sickness?? hmm, yeah, im the ignorant here

If you refer to homosexuality as a sickness, there is something wrong with you. It isn't a disorder, a disease, or even a problem. Although homosexual people do defy the basic ideal of continuing the human race, in an overpopulated world, it is becoming less and less of a problem. Outside of defying that, there is nothing physically or mentally wrong with them. From a medical standpoint, you are also screaming ignorance. I would like you to find one, respectable, medical professional that would refer to homosexuality as a sickness.
i was talking about lilsypha, comparing homosexuality to down syndrome. im not saying homosexuality is a sickness, rather than a choice in life, a lifestyle

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
iluvfupaburgers said:
Nathan Drake said:
iluvfupaburgers said:

i was talking about lilsypha, comparing homosexuality to down syndrome. im not saying homosexuality is a sickness, rather than a choice in life, a lifestyle
That still doesn't change your ignorance.
But quick question, you chose to be straight?

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iluvfupaburgers said:
yeah, i actually do see it as a decision. other animal species dont do this. if it were some sort of dissorder, we would see it in other animals. but the fact is that this has only been seen in 2 species. humans and dolphins. why, because sex means something else than just reproduction, its also pleasure aswell. you took the decision that you like men, not conciously, but you did. and many factors of this decision have been because of your life. maybe because of living in such a close minded environment took you to being gay.
Yes, gay animals exists.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ergh. We did research for several papers about whether you're born gay or if it's a choice, and we could never come to ANY kind of agreement - we couldn't even agree to disagree. I like debating, but that one was just....more confusing than anything else.

I have a gay older step sister, and she said it was a choice for her - she made definitive choice...but I also have a gay cousin, and he says he's always been gay...

I always thought it was all based on personal experiences and personal preference, but even those two conflict with each other.

I just don't know. Maybe we're all born gay, and we decide to be straight?
tongue.gif

dangerboy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iluvfupaburgers said:

i am sorry but if u want shit from another guys anus on your dick u r sick. debate is over. close thread

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't expect this topic to blow up like it did (been asleep most of the day so missed it). It's good to see that for the most part it was discussed rationally and differing opinions were taken into account respectfully. It shows that as a society we're evolving and casting of previous religious values inherited over generations. There were idiot trolls obviously but any time any discussion is brought up on an internet forum they're bound to appear. It's a shame the discussion can't continue because I believe the best way towards understanding is through research, discussion and debate but I wholeheartedly agree with VA's decision and would have closed the thread myself after reading some of the replies in it.

I'll throw in my tuppence worth though (mod powers rock!). Personally I think homosexuality is genetic, and no - not an illness. It's no less a common genetic trait than heterosexuality. There are people for whom it's a choice, but from my limited experience (as in not having met every single gay person on the planet) for the most part it hasn't been a choice for the people I've met. They're attracted to who they're attracted to because that's who they're attracted to. There's empirical evidence that points towards it being physiological, although there isn't 100% proof obviously.

I don't think all homophobia is caused solely because of closeted homosexuality, I think religious and educational variables can be part of it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon