1999 Hot Dog Eating Champion
OP
Trophies
Website
tilde.zone
XP
Country
Norway
About a year ago I tried my hand at converting an Xbox 360 component cable into one usable on the original Xbox.
My soldering isn't professional-grade by any means, but I've checked my leads with a multimeter and nothing is bridged, and is grounded properly.

These are the instructions I followed:
1728671636889.jpeg

Somewhat consistently, a minute or two after turning the Xbox on with this DIY component cable, the Xbox will suddenly reboot on its own, and when it's back on again it's only outputting sound, no video at all. I can hear that it loads into UnleashX fine when using the controller.

Before it reboots, the 720p video output works flawlessly. Turning the Xbox off and on doesn't help.
It's almost as if my cable has a mind of its own. It works, until it doesn't, and works again later.

My Xbox is a PAL v1.1, with video mode set to NTSC using NKPatcher, softmodded with Rocky5's softmod installer.
I can upload some pictures of the cable sometime this weekend, just don't have it on hand right now.

Anyone have a lead on what the issue may be?
Cheers.

miniminx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH you are better just getting a Xbox2HDMI v3 adapter, they are cheap as chips.

I made one with wii2hdmi adapter, but that was before I knew that the xbox2hdmi cable was available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    niksolod @ niksolod: Хуесосы