Homebrew [Homebrew] Play Coin Setter (Ninjhax/3DSx edition)

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! I'll be downloading this tool as soon as I have access to my SD Card reader.

One question - are game updates stored in the extdata? e.x: The Super Smash Bros update content.
You know, you can just use MicroSD Management on N3ds, or FTbrony+Ftp client. (FileZilla, etc.)

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So it turns out yesterday's custom theme tool is significant in more ways than one. Beyond editing themes, it proves that Ninjhax actually allows modification of arbitrary 3ds extdata. The most basic application of which is this, a play coin generator!

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/183608682/playcoin.zip
Github: https://github.com/MrCheeze/playcoin

This is only the beginning, I'd be very interested in seeing what could result from editing an actual game's extdata. Note that this is not the same thing as save data - extra data normally contains content that can be downloaded from the internet, such as the new Streetpass Mii Plaza puzzles.

EDIT: Actually, turns out only "ARCH_EXTDATA" and "ARCH_SHARED_EXTDATA" is possible to access via Ninjhax, not "ARCH_BOSS_EXTDATA". Most spotpass data goes in the latter, and is therefore not accessible.
I know that this kind of defeats the point, but could you build a .CIA of this please?

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
Odd how the 3DS resists all attempts at editing step count. I think it might have something to do with offset 0x8 size 0x4, which 3DBrew states as "Total step count at the time a new Play Coin was obtained". I'll tinker around with ita dn see what I can do.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I am seeing some people here that want the coins to collect more puzzles,there is faster solution for that.

There is save editor for mii plaza to unlock all the puzzles, with coins you gonna take too much time unlocking the blue pieces,
and you don't get any pink pieces.

Lord Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. Newbie McNooberson here.

So I just got started with this hole Homebrew thing using the OoT hack on my up to date N3DS.
Would I be able to use this program? Or do I need something specific for my system?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi. Newbie McNooberson here.

So I just got started with this hole Homebrew thing using the OoT hack on my up to date N3DS.
Would I be able to use this program? Or do I need something specific for my system?
You can. As long as you have access to the Homebrew Launcher, this should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-