Homebrew Launcher problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Murasaki, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Murasaki
    OP

Murasaki Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2016
    I was following this guide to install a CFW. All work correclty and I got a Sys 11 firmware and installed FBi. But the problem comes in the Section VI, step 8, which says: "Launch the Homebrew Launcher from the home menu", but it fails. It is stuck on a Red Screen everytime try launch it. I know the homebrew laucher has a very low chance to load, but after trying a lot of times I didn't enter a single time. Also I tried by using the browser but was stuck at the same red screen. I need launch it for a DSP dump to finish the guide. My question is how I can fix it. I followed the step prefectly and didn't skip anything (checked a lot of times) and all files are in the correct place. So I don't know what I miss. On second question, how important is the DSP dump? It is ok If I can skip this step?

Thanks in advanced!

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    The DSP dump isn't reaally important. It's for sound on some emulators, iirc. Do you have a boot.3dsx file on the root of your SD card?

Murasaki likes this.
  3. Murasaki
    OP

Murasaki Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2016
    No, I had not in the root. On the guide I follow didn't say it. I copy the starter.zip one on my root, and now I was able to launch it.

Thanks for the help a lot. I could finihs the process sucessfully!