Hacking Homebrew launcher only displays 2 apps instead of 4 or more

RadsammyT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey , im having a problem where i had 4 apps, but instead it shows only 2 apps, can somebody know whats going on?
Specs: A SDHC card (i think he got me the wrong one)
Monitor: Westinghouse
System:Wii U Deluxe
Homebrew install OS: Mac ( yes its possible to install homebrew in a mac )

Please point out whats causing the problem.

Any ideas on whats causing this problem?

D

Deleted User

For your solution, make sure the apps have the elf file or meta.
That's not quite what the problem actually is.
In HBL, there is supposed to be four apps on the screen at once, and this person has four apps on his SD Card.
There is a weird glitch in HBL (see my almost-blank issue thread here) that causes only two apps to show up on screen at boot. Switching screens instantly fixes this problem, but this person doesn't have any more screens to switch to, and as such, some of his apps are permanently off screen.

D

Deleted User

Update: I've actually found a solution.
You said you used a Mac to copy the files, right? Just so happens I did too, and I suffered the same bug.
The same problem actually caused crashes in Yet Another Wad Manager Mod on vWii.
Let me walk you through the solution. (Note: I am not responsible for file loss through typos of these commands.)

Step 1: Insert your SD Card into your Mac.
Step 2: Open the Terminal Program (via Launchpad, Fn+F4 keys)
Step 3: Type "sudo find " with the following spacebar, but DON'T PRESS ENTER YET!
Step 4: Drag+Drop your SD Card from your desktop into the Terminal window. Once again, don't press enter yet.
Step 5: After the path for your SD Card, type "-name '._*' -type f" The full command should look like this:
sudo find /Volumes/<SD Card> -name '._*' -type f
Step 6: Now press enter. Type your password when asked by the system. How many files showed up in the list? Did they all have "._" at the beginning of the name? These files are the source of your problems.
Step 7: Press the up arrow key, you will notice that the previous command has been re-typed. Don't press enter yet.
Step 8: To the end of the previous command, type " -detete". The full command should look like this:
sudo find /Volumes/<SD Card> -name '._*' -type f -delete
Step 9: Now press enter. Once the process completes, type 'logout' into the terminal and press enter. Now close the terminal and eject your SD Card.
Step 10: Enjoy your homebrew.

If the problem ever resurfaces, just run these terminal commands again.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Instead of doing all that you can also download hidden cleaner and simply drag and drop your sd card to that program instead of the normal eject icon. It will always remove all hidden Mac files and properly eject quick and simple. It has always fixed every hidden Mac file problem I've ever had since it's basically doing exactly what the guy above me wrote, but you do none of the work.

Reactions: Deleted User

RadsammyT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said you used a Mac to copy the files, right? Just so happens I did too, and I suffered the same bug.
The same problem actually caused crashes in Yet Another Wad Manager Mod on vWii.
Let me walk you through the solution. (Note: I am not responsible for file loss through typos of these commands.)

Step 3: Type "sudo find " with the following spacebar, but DON'T PRESS ENTER YET!
Step 4: Drag+Drop your SD Card from your desktop into the Terminal window. Once again, don't press enter yet.
Step 5: After the path for your SD Card, type "-name '._*' -type f" The full command should look like this:

Step 6: Now press enter. Type your password when asked by the system. How many files showed up in the list? Did they all have "._" at the beginning of the name? These files are the source of your problems.
Step 7: Press the up arrow key, you will notice that the previous command has been re-typed. Don't press enter yet.
Step 8: To the end of the previous command, type " -detete". The full command should look like this:

Step 9: Now press enter. Once the process completes, type 'logout' into the terminal and press enter. Now close the terminal and eject your SD Card.

Ok, Ill try! :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks! It worked!

Reactions: Deleted User

RadsammyT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Btw, you should post it into github. it should help others (with no other screens) thats has the same problems as me.
Again, Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)