Bricked but no brick?

Myst3ry_MAN-08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am extremly confused at my situation with my Wii U. Just to instill some background knowledge, I believe I first received my console as gift maybe (?) a few years after initial release to the public, used it until most likely a year or two before the Switch came out, and completely abandoned this wonderful gaming system(the Wii U is the best console to date, prove me wrong). Until summer of last year I have not touched the console in the slightest untill I found out the Homebrewing community existed, and tested it on my "New" 3DS. It was amazing and was the first thing I have ever technically messed with (meaning anything in general related to homebrew) and came to love it (I recently broke the top screen and was forced to throw away entire system on a whim. R.I.P DS, you died completely in vain of my stupidity). ANYWAY, after I had finished completely decking out my DS I was wondering what other systems had Homebrew capability(man you guys have been BUSY, there isn't anything that isn't homebrewed anymore! EVEN FRIGGIN CALCULATORS!!!!!!! ...I digress) and found out my Wii U could be modded. And thus began my multi week long exploration into the hell-hole known as the Wii U modding system. Long story short it took a couple of weeks to get everything situated as I had SD card problems, internet problems, etc. etc. Now we get to the mostly present. I believe my Wii U is what most would call bricked although you can still do the most bare-bones of things, like access the settings and open the browser, it just reuses to load any environments. As in the environment loader will refuse to open on initial start up and by manually opening it using the health and safety app. I have 4 different plausible causes as to why, although I am fully open to any suggestions too;
1. File locations/code thingies are messed up in some way, shape or form. I refuse to disclose how many times this has happened in the past.
2. My Micro SD to SD card adaptor(either the micro or the adaptor, or even both), are dead and/or broken. This makes no sense for the adaptor to not work as it works perfectly fine on a window system. The Micro, however, does in fact make sense to be malfunctioning as it has before, resulting in many wipes. Although the only thing stopping this theory is both cards are fairly new andas I have said, work on windows systems perfectly fine.
3. The card reader installed into the system is broken, malfunctioning, or straight up dead. I assume this because the system has in fact deteriorated over time laying around in the attic for a few years, and its safe to assume that many internal systems are not working as intended.
(I PRAY to literally any deity that the problem is either 1 or 2, but the most plausible explanation is 3)

Myst3ry_MAN-08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format the SD card again with FAT32 and copy the Tiramisu / Aroma files back. Maybe the FS is just corrupted.
Thank you for the advice but to no avail, it still is repeating on start up "failure to load payload.elf" even after reformatting to 32, which I have come to recognize means that it just doesn't like me and Nintendo is silently flipping me off

Myst3ry_MAN-08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look into the SD slot if you see bend pins.
on close inspection I am now realizing I am a idiot and need to take more proper care of my electronics. I have never seen this much dust before in my life and that is most likely interfering with the electronics connecting the SD to the system. Thank you for your help but excuse me...I need to go wallow in pain and dust

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?