Wii U 160-01013 Error on Some Games and Apps

NinjaStyls

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I bought a used wii ufor the first time 16 days ago. It functioned well till yesterday. I hopped into the friend list app, suddenly the screen turned black and an error showed up saying there is a problem with the system memory. It again displayed on mario kart 8 (digital). It didn't appear on the physical games though. Im gonna test all of them tomorrow and see the outcome. I will edit this post or repost a new one once I give it a try. I dont know what caused this. People say when you leave the console unused for a while it bricks up, but I always boot up my wii u. Others say super smash brothers might be the reason which I don't have, or perhaps the seller who sold me it didn't used it for a minute. I have been experiencing a lot of freezing as well whenever I try to download physical games, which include online service, or I leave the console for hours untouched. At these points I power off the console completely (holding for 4 seconds) and turn it on afterwards each time it freezes. This is the only reason I have come up with. How do I fix this? Do I live with it or buy a new unit?

Ysecond

Trophies
XP
Country
China
If you think fix it is not fun, or if fix makes you feel uncomfortable, consider buying a new unit. :lol:
If you want to try fixing it, there are enough tutorials in forum.:lol:

NinjaStyls

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
If you think fix it is not fun, or if fix makes you feel uncomfortable, consider buying a new unit. :lol:
can u send a link?
Post automatically merged:

can u send a link? I’m desperately trying to find the cause of the problem

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bought a used wii ufor the first time 16 days ago.
People say when you leave the console unused for a while it bricks up, but I always boot up my wii u.
People talk about years, not days here. So it's more about what the previous owner did with the Wii U. Anyway, it's even unclear if using the Wii U helps at all, that's just theories by people who don't really understand the error. Truth is that we have no data to verify and we don't know if the eMMC refreshes cells on IDLE. There's some premature data from @GaryOderNichts suggesting it should refresh cells but a firmware bug prevents it from doing correctly. Note that this is premature, unverified data through.

Others say super smash brothers might be the reason which I don't have
That's most likeley either a completely different error fixed by Nintendo a decade ago or just coincidence. Hard to tell as if it really had been fixed by Nintendo in around 2014 we would need a time machine to see what was going on back then. ;)
Also you don't know what games the previous owner played but as said: It's irrelevent. Smash Bros does not brick your console.

Enough about what might or what might not be causing it. As Ysecond said we ned logs now to see what's really going on. Is there a CFW running on the console? If so you can grab the logs by FTP (no need to purchase a RPI Pico).

Oh and the most important thing:
Im gonna test all of them tomorrow
Please don't. Don't do anything with the console except dumping the logs. Anything else you do could make the problem worse untill the Will U will be unable to boot! This is really no joke. Remove the console from wall power at best.

NinjaStyls

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
As Ysecond said we ned logs now to see what's really going on.
Im gonna need an sd card firstly. Does 3DS SD card work on wii u? If so im gonna start figuring out how to export the log.

Is there a CFW running on the console?
No

Oh and the most important thing:
What is it you didn't send any links

Don't do anything with the console except dumping the logs. Anything else you do could make the problem worse untill the Will U will be unable to boot! This is really no joke. Remove the console from wall power at best
I can deal with that for now. The wii u is unplugged currently since last night.

Note:
I only have data for 2 games only.
One is midgame,which’s easy to redo, and the other is of no importance, so I can buy a new unit. My wii u isn’t full of data from all kind of games.

I prefer the other way because opening the unit and removing the memory was something I have never done but i can give it a one, however the difficult part is the NAND-AID piece. It is tedious to find it in my region. I have checked ebay they do not shop it to my district. If I can find anyone selling and willing to ship it I would appreciate it. I am lost right here.

Last edited by NinjaStyls,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Hey boi, keep your nuts out of chat. Unless you want them to get roasted. :ninja: