Homebrew Homebrew Launcher on 11.5 and up?

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't there a way to run the Homebrew launcher on 11.4?
changing a certain payloads file name to 11.4 or something like that
Yes, but that only works on Luma 7.1 and under since Luma readds an exploit used for that. Otherwise the method doesn't work (on stock the exploit is patched and on 8.0 and newer because of the fact that they don't use the binary payloads).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, but that only works on Luma 7.1 and under since Luma readds an exploit used for that. Otherwise the method doesn't work (on stock the exploit is patched and on 8.0 and newer because of the fact that they don't use the binary payloads).
It doesn't work on 8.0+ because Rosalina breaks it. Not that that's a big issue, since Rosalina replaces that functionality and then some.

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you have CFW installed? If not, then you can't use homebrew on O3DS 11.5 because there are no payloads. If you have Luma3DS installed, then you can use homebrew using Rosalina without a payload.

If you don't have CFW installed, here are your options:

Sry for hijack the topic, but how do i use this Rosalina for run homebrew launcher?

I'm in 11.5 with Luma3ds, and can't open Homebrew Launcher

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sry for hijack the topic, but how do i use this Rosalina for run homebrew launcher?

I'm in 11.5 with Luma3ds, and can't open Homebrew Launcher
You must be on Luma3DS 8.0 or higher for Rosalina to work.
  1. Download the Homebrew Starter Kit and extract its contents to the root of your SD card. Make sure boot.3dsx from the kit is on the root of your SD card.
  2. Launch the Download Play application
  3. Press (L) + (Down) + (Select) at the same time to open the Rosalina menu
  4. Select “Miscellaneous options”
  5. Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.”
  6. Press (B) to continue
  7. Press (B) to return to the Rosalina main menu
  8. Press (B) to exit the Rosalina menu
  9. Press (Home), then close Download Play
  10. Launch the Download Play application
  11. Your device should load the Homebrew Launcher

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: trsoares

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You must be on Luma3DS 8.0 or higher for Rosalina to work.
  1. Download the Homebrew Starter Kit and extract its contents to the root of your SD card. Make sure boot.3dsx from the kit is on the root of your SD card.
  2. Launch the Download Play application
  3. Press (L) + (Down) + (Select) at the same time to open the Rosalina menu
  4. Select “Miscellaneous options”
  5. Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.”
  6. Press (B) to continue
  7. Press (B) to return to the Rosalina main menu
  8. Press (B) to exit the Rosalina menu
  9. Press (Home), then close Download Play
  10. Launch the Download Play application
  11. Your device should load the Homebrew Launcher

I got the same error when opening from homwbrew launcher cia.

"An error occurred while loading the payload."

But thanks anyway, at least i learn how to use rosalina

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the same error when opening from homwbrew launcher cia.

"An error occurred while loading the payload."

But thanks anyway, at least i learn how to use rosalina
Are you running Luma3DS 8.1.1? Did you put the boot.3dsx onto the root of your SD card from the current Homebrew Starter Kit?

Reactions: trsoares

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I downgrade a 3ds? My brother gave me his old 3ds, but it's 11.5
People have already posted, but there is no arm9 exploit to downgrade a 3ds (since downgrading via other methods was made impossible in 11.4). Thankfully, downgrading is no longer a requirement to install CFW.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Can I downgrade a 3ds? My brother gave me his old 3ds, but it's 11.5
To elaborate on what @Lacius said:
Hardmod requires opening the console and soldering to it. This is the hardest method.

The DSiWare exploit requires a second hacked 3DS and a cheap DSiWare game (most games are supported), so that method is only usable if you have or can borrow one.
If you have a hacked 3DS, you can use yours to hack his, it requires a system transfer so at the end any NNID you had is transferred to his console along with your games and saves, and any games and saves on his console will be wiped if he had a NNID attached. You have to wait a week to transfer back, which will transfer all your data back, but any NNID he had on the console will be transferred along with it. Note that you cannot transfer n3DS/2DS to o3DS/2DS.
This is the second easiest option, and is cheaper than NTRBoot.

NTRBoot however just requires a DS flashcart, at the moment AK2i and R4i Gold 3DS (r4ids.cn) are supported.
R4i Gold 3DS is your best bet, as with the AK2i you need a CFW 3DS, or a 3DS on 4.3 or below, or a DS Lite/DSi in order to install the hacked firmware, since AK2i normally doesn't work on latest OFW.
R4i Gold 3DS however works on latest OFW so you can run the .nds file to flash it with the hacked firmware that enables ntrboot.
This is the easiest option of them all, but it does require buying extra hardware. However once the flashcart is flashed with the hacked firmware, you can hack any 3DS, current or future, in under 2 minutes.
You can buy R4i Gold 3DS from GBAtemp's official sponsor here: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

Crunky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Homebrew payloads are now available for versions 11.4 & 11.5 on O3DS!
http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Even though there are new payloads, i cant seem to find any way to homebrew my O3DS 11.5 without CubicNinja or some other flashcard game.
i need a different method, is there a way i can get soundhax to work for 11.5? or if there isn't can somebody please help me find a similar alternative.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though there are new payloads, i cant seem to find any way to homebrew my O3DS 11.5 without CubicNinja or some other flashcard game.
i need a different method, is there a way i can get soundhax to work for 11.5? or if there isn't can somebody please help me find a similar alternative.
Use this for regular HomeBrew on 11.5
https://mrnbayoh.github.io/rpwng/

Reactions: Ramzitv1

SeeFamGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have CFW installed? If not, then you can't use homebrew on O3DS 11.5 because there are no payloads. If you have Luma3DS installed, then you can use homebrew using Rosalina without a payload.

If you don't have CFW installed, here are your options:
Hi, I'm on cfw and was wondering if luma automatically updates my home brew launcher. How do I go about updating it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.