Homebrew Misc Did something stupid

Wondermike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hey guys, wanted to update the sdcard in my 3ds to a bigger one, and i thought i could just format it an copy everything from my old sdcard, and i would be good to go, but now homebrew launcher, anemone and fbi etc are gone from the home menu, i can still boot into godmode and luma.

How can i fix this??

Damn i hate myself right now 😂

kuroraiju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you have the details of the new SD card you're moving to?

And just to make sure, can you show what the root of both SD cards looks like (e.g. screenshots)?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The stupid thing you did was start a thread with a title like "Did something stupid". :ha:

Hey guys, wanted to update the sdcard in my 3ds to a bigger one, and i thought i could just format it an copy everything from my old sdcard, and i would be good to go
That is exactly how it is supposed to work. Are you sure your new card was formatted correctly?

Reactions: ack

Wondermike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Do you have the details of the new SD card you're moving to?

And just to make sure, can you show what the root of both SD cards looks like (e.g. screenshots)?
Looks the same to me. The new one is a 32gb sandisk in fat32, the old one was something called Transcend 16gb.
Sorry for the late answer been down with the migranes.

I got i to work, i did the finalize step again and now it's working again, lost the one game i had on there but not a big los 😉

But would still like to find out what i did wrong so i don't do it again
Post automatically merged:

The stupid thing you did was start a thread with a title like "Did something stupid". :ha:

That is exactly how it is supposed to work. Are you sure your new card was formatted correctly?
Yes formattet to fat32, i got it to work so not that worried anymore, but woyld still like to know what my mistake was you know, gotta know the mistake to learn from it 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20240109_081827.jpg
    IMG_20240109_081827.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20240109_080210.jpg
    IMG_20240109_080210.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 14

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you put the new card in your 3DS before you copied the files from the old card? Because you're not supposed to do that. (You would end up with two "ID1" folders.)

Reactions: Wondermike

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto