Hacking Homebrew Channel 1.0.1 freezes after "loading" an App

IlluminiX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I can pinpoint what caused my HBC freezing issue, but I don't know how to fix it. I was getting these Exception errors with different wads I got, so I thought there might be some issue with my system. I have a 3.2U Wiikey1 system, with Preloader, HBC 1.0.1, no custom CIOSes. The one thing I thought of was PatchMii which I installed to get DVDX to install for MPlayer to play DVDs. So I used AnyTitleDeleter (recommended by the PatchMii people) to uninstall 0000001-000000fe which I did and then uninstalled DVDX as well. Well, the Exception errors continued so I learned it wasn't PatchMii/DVDX so I reinstalled both apps. Everything seems to work normally, except randomly the HBC will appear to finish loading an app and then hang on a black screen before actually loading it. At other times, the apps will load just fine and I will have no problems. Additionally, sometimes when I exit an app to go back to the HBC, I will again see a black screen hang and have to hard reset the Wii. I did a search and it sounds like others have had this problem, but no concrete solutions have been posted. I have thought of either reinstalling HBC or reinstalling 3.2U (best way to do this?), but want others' opinions before trying something.

Thank you!

Edit: Removed website mentioned

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you're allowed to mention that wad webstite, but I think It might be the app....

Try reinstalling HBC and using a different app.

IlluminiX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happens with many different apps now (randomly), and never happened before the procedure mentioned.

IlluminiX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case anyone else runs into this problem - so far it is looking like reinstalling HBC doesn't work (still got the freezes), but reinstalling 3.2u does (Any Region Changer method). If anything disproves this theory, then I will update this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc