Hacking Homebrew Channel 1.0.1 freezes after "loading" an App

IlluminiX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I can pinpoint what caused my HBC freezing issue, but I don't know how to fix it. I was getting these Exception errors with different wads I got, so I thought there might be some issue with my system. I have a 3.2U Wiikey1 system, with Preloader, HBC 1.0.1, no custom CIOSes. The one thing I thought of was PatchMii which I installed to get DVDX to install for MPlayer to play DVDs. So I used AnyTitleDeleter (recommended by the PatchMii people) to uninstall 0000001-000000fe which I did and then uninstalled DVDX as well. Well, the Exception errors continued so I learned it wasn't PatchMii/DVDX so I reinstalled both apps. Everything seems to work normally, except randomly the HBC will appear to finish loading an app and then hang on a black screen before actually loading it. At other times, the apps will load just fine and I will have no problems. Additionally, sometimes when I exit an app to go back to the HBC, I will again see a black screen hang and have to hard reset the Wii. I did a search and it sounds like others have had this problem, but no concrete solutions have been posted. I have thought of either reinstalling HBC or reinstalling 3.2U (best way to do this?), but want others' opinions before trying something.

Thank you!

Edit: Removed website mentioned

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you're allowed to mention that wad webstite, but I think It might be the app....

Try reinstalling HBC and using a different app.

IlluminiX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happens with many different apps now (randomly), and never happened before the procedure mentioned.

IlluminiX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case anyone else runs into this problem - so far it is looking like reinstalling HBC doesn't work (still got the freezes), but reinstalling 3.2u does (Any Region Changer method). If anything disproves this theory, then I will update this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?