Homebrew Channel 1.0.1 freezes after "loading" an App

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by IlluminiX, Feb 8, 2009.

1. IlluminiX
    OP

IlluminiX GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2009
    United States
    I think I can pinpoint what caused my HBC freezing issue, but I don't know how to fix it. I was getting these Exception errors with different wads I got, so I thought there might be some issue with my system. I have a 3.2U Wiikey1 system, with Preloader, HBC 1.0.1, no custom CIOSes. The one thing I thought of was PatchMii which I installed to get DVDX to install for MPlayer to play DVDs. So I used AnyTitleDeleter (recommended by the PatchMii people) to uninstall 0000001-000000fe which I did and then uninstalled DVDX as well. Well, the Exception errors continued so I learned it wasn't PatchMii/DVDX so I reinstalled both apps. Everything seems to work normally, except randomly the HBC will appear to finish loading an app and then hang on a black screen before actually loading it. At other times, the apps will load just fine and I will have no problems. Additionally, sometimes when I exit an app to go back to the HBC, I will again see a black screen hang and have to hard reset the Wii. I did a search and it sounds like others have had this problem, but no concrete solutions have been posted. I have thought of either reinstalling HBC or reinstalling 3.2U (best way to do this?), but want others' opinions before trying something.

Thank you!

Edit: Removed website mentioned

2. Phratt

Phratt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 12, 2008
    United States
    I don't think you're allowed to mention that wad webstite, but I think It might be the app....

Try reinstalling HBC and using a different app.

3. IlluminiX
    OP

Feb 3, 2009
    United States
    This happens with many different apps now (randomly), and never happened before the procedure mentioned.

4. IlluminiX
    OP

Feb 3, 2009
    United States
    Just in case anyone else runs into this problem - so far it is looking like reinstalling HBC doesn't work (still got the freezes), but reinstalling 3.2u does (Any Region Changer method). If anything disproves this theory, then I will update this thread.

5. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    No gamecube memory cards in?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice