Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GoNintendo has reported:

"Final Fantasy IV is a big game no doubt, but it is coming on a big DS card as well. The card comes in at 1 gigabit, or 128 mb for those wondering. The extra space is needed for all the voice work in the game. Voice work wasn’t planned for the remake at the start, but obviously that changed once development got underway."

Yikes! Time to get a bigger microSD. Good thing the CycloDS accomodates larger cards.
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Won't effect me, got a nice 4 gig CF, only problem is the god damn CGI cutscenes, I'm so bored with them on the DS!

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
GoNintendo has reported:

"Final Fantasy IV is a big game no doubt, but it is coming on a big DS card as well. The card comes in at 1 gigabit, or 128 mb for those wondering. The extra space is needed for all the voice work in the game. Voice work wasn’t planned for the remake at the start, but obviously that changed once development got underway."

Yikes! Time to get a bigger microSD. Good thing the CycloDS accomodates larger cards.Â
tongue.gif

what? there's already a few games out in 128 mbyte... Final Fantasy 3, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates is 128mbyte.
I think Elite Beat Agents is that large
and so is probably loads of other games.
wink.gif

silentreapr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Can't be 1GB.. 128 MB is the max a NDS Game card could hold.. Nintendo will not let anything bigger then that due to the fact it WONT WORK on the DS !

And.. just tell everyone again why anything bigger than 128mb won't work on the DS? I was told theoretically DS games could be as big as 512mb, but I'm sure they can go even higher.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically the NES stopped at 32kb games, but that didn't stop Castlevania 3 from being 512kb. Same story can be said for GB, SNES (theretically 32mb, but star ocean was more,) etc down the line. A handful at least at 'legal' levels never breached the so called cap with GBA(32mbyte) and N64(512mbit) coming to mind.

Though I have to wonder...if Ash is on a 2gbit card (and it is) why the hell was DQ9 shown on 2 cards?!

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically the NES stopped at 32kb games, but that didn't stop Castlevania 3 from being 512kb. Same story can be said for GB, SNES (theretically 32mb, but star ocean was more,) etc down the line. A handful at least at 'legal' levels never breached the so called cap with GBA(32mbyte) and N64(512mbit) coming to mind.

Though I have to wonder...if Ash is on a 2gbit card (and it is) why the hell was DQ9 shown on 2 cards?!

I thought that DQ9 pic was just a mockup?

sonic209

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can't be 1GB.. 128 MB is the max a NDS Game card could hold.. Nintendo will not let anything bigger then that due to the fact it WONT WORK on the DS !

And.. just tell everyone again why anything bigger than 128mb won't work on the DS? I was told theoretically DS games could be as big as 512mb, but I'm sure they can go even higher.
no actually the games can only go as big as 256MB(2 gig) heres proof read the media specifications section

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

no actually the games can only go as big as 256MB(2 gig) heres proof read the media specifications section

The bad part about referencing wikipedia is that they cannot post theoretical data. 256 MB may be the current max, but solid state media cards can get very very big. Theoretically, solid state media can be infinite (current theoretical specifications is that they can 'theoretically' achieve an exabyte, 10^18).

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not buying the media specs on wiki. I'm sure there are some DS 'warioworld.com' leaked tech specs abound somewhere. Show me that. I've had copies of them for the GBC and GBA, also seen the N64 and GC versions too and they're fun reads.

As Grim said, in theory there is no limit (aside from astronomical costs.)

...and jester, if it was a mockup, cool...but I never paid much attention other than seeing the questionable box art/setup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...