Hogs of War 2 Announced For Wii/DS

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Feb 13, 2008.

Feb 13, 2008
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Me and the Mrs was just talking this morning about how HoW would be great (with wi-fi) on the DS, well Atari today has just announced a log overdue sequel for PC/PS2/Wii and DS!

Of course being Atari I'm expecting bad things but it would be nice to have this as I thought the original was a bit underrated and it was much much better than the 3D Worms games.

Source

2. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    I would have much rather seen Dogs of War being released on the DS with 2player coop and more polish.

3. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Well, though Atari does seem to sniff out turds like a truffle-sniffing pig (no pun intended), I still want to see how this game turns out. I love Worms, even the Cube's 3-D game, so this game and its humor are of interest to me. And since Atari doesn't really develop anything, they could perhaps hit gold eventually. I have hope for Alone In The Dark (Wii) too. Heck, even a broken watch tells the right time twice a day.

4. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    looks like a good version of worms in 3D (ripoff ? ) [​IMG] kewl thx for the info hadrian.

5. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Well it was out before Worms ever went into 3D and it actually got me interested in thinking that Worms could work in 3D, also Rik Mayall did some great voice work on this and I pray that they can get him back, he ain't doing so well now so they can get him cheap. [​IMG]

6. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    I bought that game for dirt cheap when I was young. Fun game it was for me [​IMG]

7. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    i had that game for playstation, it was fun for about 2 hours

8. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Unlike awdofgum I barely made it 2 hours.
    Some of my friends liked it though and it did have some interesting ideas. Generally though none of the major 2d quick reaction puzzlers sucessfully did 3d (Lemings save perhaps Lemmings paintball, Worms and there was another I seem to recall but it seems a complete mindblank has just befallen me).

Still with a bit of effort and polish they could have a game I would be happy to add to my collection.

9. tooknie

Newcomer tooknie Member

United Kingdom
    I remember getting really excited about this game as it was touted as a 3d worms. Turned out to be bloody awful. Team Buddies, now that was a great game at that time... bring THAT to the DS