Votes: 55 14.1%

• Total voters

Sirius64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure? I'm having trouble installing DSiWare as well; I dump the DSiWare from my 3DS, delete the cmd folder and the ctx file, and copy the proper TMD from the TMD preservation 7Z file, renaming it to title.tmd. I copy the folder ("4b513945" for example -- that's LOZ: Four Swords) to SD:/title/00030004/, but when I start the DSi again, the app does not appear on the home menu, and the folder is deleted from the SD card automatically. I would follow the "Dumping DSiWare from 3DS" guide, except it's not finished yet.

Yes, GodMode9 generated those folders when I dumped the DSiWare from my 3DS; I didn't remove them during the transfer. I guess I should have mentioned that in my post.

I did that, and now the game folder doesn't get deleted from the SD card, but it still doesn't show up on the home menu.
This is the exact issue I'm having. Anyone know what to do?

Edit: Got help in another thread. The TMD I had was bad.

Last edited by Sirius64,

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
1. Get your favorite dsiware.cia backup with its title id. example: L´n L.CIA (title id 000300044b604445 short id 4b605445). Note from Dsi Guide:
Take note of how many blocks you have free under "System Memory", and make sure that you have more blocks free than your newly installed
app will take. Installing an app without enough blocks will result on a brick.
2. GO https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-dsi-modding-help-thread-and-guide.481118 and follow DSiware extraction instructions
3. Use NUS Downloader https://gbatemp.net/download/nus-downloader.23757/ to download TMD file,
you will need to select DSi and input title id, rename TMD file to title.tmd & copy it to content folder. Copy your 4b605445 folder to
your title / 0003004 folder in your SD card and you're good to go
4. You need to have a public.sav file in the data folder you created, I just copied a random one from a DSiware I already had installed
before. Hiya users Browse your SD / title / 00030004 / random short id data folder.
5. Insert your SD in your DSi and turn it on, your game will now appear on your homescreen as gift.
wait, so the 200mb (however big the DSi nand is) limit also applies to emunand users?

Reactions: siamese

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, unfortunately. However, you can get around it by hex editing the files and moving their directories so that the DSi thinks they are system titles. This also means that the software won't get deleted when you format, which is kinda neat.

Sirius64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, unfortunately. However, you can get around it by hex editing the files and moving their directories so that the DSi thinks they are system titles. This also means that the software won't get deleted when you format, which is kinda neat.
I don't suppose you'd have a guide laying around somewhere, would you?

Superninja3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello I have installed Hiya CFW on my Nintendo DSi running 1.4.5u, I also have an action replay, but when I try to use the action replay it boots with a white screen. I have the newest version of hiya CFW. Is there a way I can run the action replay or if that is not possible, how do I remove Hiya CFW?

oofio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have installed Hiya CFW on my Nintendo DSi running 1.4.5u, I also have an action replay, but when I try to use the action replay it boots with a white screen. I have the newest version of hiya CFW. Is there a way I can run the action replay or if that is not possible, how do I remove Hiya CFW?
I've been having the same problem

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Use these if y'all can't get your problems solved http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA013928/bin/r4cce086.zip https://github.com/ahezard/NitroHax3DS/releases/tag/0.99.DSI

I edited this, posted wrong links :P
Follow Steps 9 - 12 on this https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-wiimmfi-working-on-your-dsi-without-a-flashcart.505792

Last edited by banjo2, , Reason: Fix wrong link :p
Reactions: Superninja3000

Sirius64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't suppose you'd have a guide laying around somewhere, would you?

Nope, and I don't remember exactly where you hex edit.
I fiddled with this for a while. The game I tried was Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary. It didn't work, but it may depend on the game. (I'm probably missing something.)

The game's TMD file defines where the game will be installed and run from. Opening the file in a hex editor, the folder's name is set beginning at address 18C. For Four Swords, the folder is 00 03 00 04 4B 51 39 45, or, in SDNAND, the directory SD:\title\00030004\4B513945\ .

System titles are installed in 0003000f, 00030005, 00030015, and 00030017. DSiWare games are installed in 00030004. Editing the TMD to one of the system folders and copying the game to that folder in SDNAND, the Four Swords icon shows up on the system menu, in the cases of all folders but 0003000f.

Even where having Four Swords installed normally in 00030004 would push me past the DSi's installed memory limit, resulting in an error at boot, the menu boots regardless, and the icon shows up. Launching the game, however, results in an error screen.

I tried using TMDs for actual system titles, edited to point to 4B513945, with the same result. I generated a ticket for the game in the system directory, but that didn't help. I also tried replacing an existing system app's 00000000.app with Four Swords'. Again, the icon shows up, but running it gives an error screen.

That's as far as I'm able to get. Maybe someone with more know-how could figure this out.

Last edited by Sirius64,

Lord_Friky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So let me clarify is there a way to remove HiyaCFW
Just delete the "bootcode.dsi" file in your SD card and you'll stop using HiyaCFW, but Unlaunch will still be installed

To uninstall it you just have to replace the launcher .tmd in your NAND and done (maybe someone should make a twlnf script for it :b)

Last edited by Lord_Friky,

Sirius64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just eject your SD card before turning the DSi on - you don't boot into Hiya that way.

Pheinte

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It would be cool to know how to do this, the system memory of my DSi is already full...

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wasn't interested.... but unlaunch is a whole new thing.... meantime I soft-bricked my dsi :P (a stupid thing I've done after installing unlaunch)

Last edited by mariogamer,

Yoshi9288

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have some Problem. I installed Unlaunch on my EUR DSi and it only boots when i press the A Button but normally it should load the bootcode.dsi but my DSi dont load the bootcode.dsi instead i only getting an Blackscreen. I have all necessary files on my SD.

I followed this Guide: http://dsi.cfw.guide/

michelinus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have some Problem. I installed Unlaunch on my EUR DSi and it only boots when i press the A Button but normally it should load the bootcode.dsi but my DSi dont load the bootcode.dsi instead i only getting an Blackscreen. I have all necessary files on my SD.

I had this problem, try using another SD

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm curious what CFW hacking allows, or will allow?

1. Does it allow use of all DSIWare bypassing encryption? This would mostly relate to super rare games that were later removed from the store, or possibly cross region games.... Yes, this would include piracy... But let's call it 'preservation'....

Stuff like, Go! Go! Kokopolo, GO Series: Picdun, AlphaBounce, Divergent Shift, LOZ: Four Swords, and a handful of games that never transferred over to the 3DS.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/06/these_dsiware_games_cannot_be_moved_to_3ds

2. Play DSIWare off the SD Card?

3. Potential of installing DS and DSI cartridge games (hybrid and white carts) directly to SD card to play (with all DSI features included)?

4. Will there be a way to maybe transfer information from say a 3DS back to a DSI? For example if I have some exclusive games on my 3DS account, but would like to play on a DSI? Four Swords and Wario Ware: Touched for example?

5. Bypass region locks on DSI games?

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Does it allow use of all DSIWare bypassing encryption?
Yep, it's all ran from the SD card unencrypted.
Play DSIWare off the SD Card?
Well, DSiWare is run from nand and Hiya puts your nand on the SD card...
Potential of installing DS and DSI cartridge games (hybrid and white carts) directly to SD card to play (with all DSI features included)?
That's DSiMenu++, it lets you play some games fine but others kinda break.
Will there be a way to maybe transfer information from say a 3DS back to a DSI?
Yep, that's actually how you get DSiWare to put on your DSi now.
Bypass region locks on DSI games?
...that's a good question. I'm not sure, and I don't know if anyone has tested that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival