HiyaCFW Discussion

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by CatmanFan, Jul 27, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

331 vote(s)
    86.0%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. banjo2

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
    You've gotten your question answered, but please don't post the same questions on multiple threads in the future.

2. xxd3d

xxd3d Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2018
    United States
    Anyway to play my ROMS backup online? Using WPA2 connection but not able to see my friend whom using physical card

3. banjo2

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
    WPA2 connections don't work with DS games. Only WEP or completely unsecured.

4. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    The online service for DS games isn't avaible any more.

5. banjo2

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
  6. hobojoe551

hobojoe551 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2018
    United States
    Seeing as this is the thread for asking about HiyaCFW, does anyone know if the website is down? I haven't been able to access it all week.

7. Itzumi

Itzumi goofball of the interwebs

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    im wondering whats in store for the future of hiya tbh

Tarmfot, ry755, banjo2 and 1 other person like this.
  8. ChampionLeake

ChampionLeake NTR/TWL Exploiter

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Same, I kind of want something new bit I think hiyaCFW is reaching its milestone.

9. Sha8q

Sha8q pls help

Mar 31, 2018
    Jamaica
    If only it would add a similar feature to Luma's L+Down+Select option so you could take screenshots, or at least add hotkeys. If Hiya did have it's final release, then rip.

banjo2 likes this.
  10. Ysaika

Ysaika Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2018
    Romania
    I am still not able to install HiyaCFW because of an unlaunch error. How did you do to achieve the loading of bootcode.dsi? Is it possible to restore the nand and retry the entire process of installation? I used Flipnote to boot into HBMenu, then I made backup and installed Unlaunch 0.8. When I turned on the DSi it appeared a blackscreen and all I could do was to remove the SD card and retry, or press the A button, open Flipnote, ... . Then I updated Unlaunch on 1.3, then 1.4 and got the "bad vbr" error. I created a separate thread for this (scroll down on DS Homebrew topics) and someone suggested me to ask on Discord, when I think I was just ignored. So I'm rewriting this here (this is a Hyia-dedicated topic, right?). Well, thank you and I'll wait your answers.

Last edited by Ysaika, Aug 26, 2018
  11. Sha8q

Sha8q pls help

Mar 31, 2018
    Jamaica
    What guide did you follow? And what tool did you create your NAND with?

12. Ysaika

Ysaika Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2018
    Romania
    I followed the guide at dsi.cfw.guide (installing unlaunch) and created nand with twlnf (the version used in that guide).

Last edited by Ysaika, Aug 27, 2018
  13. Tarmfot

Tarmfot GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2015
    Montserrat
    Can hiyacfw redirect buttons' inputs in a future?

14. Sha8q

Sha8q pls help

Mar 31, 2018
    Jamaica
    Can't help..

15. Ysaika

Ysaika Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2018
    Romania
    Ok... I understand. I restored my backup nand, so basically I uninstalled Unlaunch, right? I want to try again, let be a lucky one :nds:

16. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Yes. If you don't see the Unlaunch splash or "bootcode.dsi" being started on boot, that means Unlaunch has been uninstalled.

Ysaika likes this.
  17. Ysaika

Ysaika Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2018
    Romania
    Yeah, that's right. I see the original DSi logo on the boot. But that's not the matter. I uninstalled Unlauch because it didn't start "bootcode.dsi" on boot. Did I make some kind of mistake following the dsi.cfw.guide? Is there an alternative to Unlauch? Or is it normally to not access "bootcode.dsi" until you install HiyaCFW?

Last edited by Ysaika, Aug 30, 2018
  18. Sha8q

Sha8q pls help

Mar 31, 2018
    Jamaica
    Well, if you follow dsi.cfw.guide you can't uninstall Unlaunch as you don't make a backup that can be restored.

19. Ysaika

Ysaika Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2018
    Romania
    No the backup is the problem. I've successfully restored nand . The first backup I made was with twlnf and there was the original nand. Then I restored that using fwTool (1.6). Initially, fwtool raised an error like "wrong nand size", then I noticed that fwTool adds some lines to the end of "nand.bin", from 0F000000 to the end (something like "DSi eMMC CID ..."). After deleted these lines everything went ok and I restored the original backup. My problem is how to make Unlaunch work on my DSi, the install HyiaCFW and 3DSiMenu++...

Edit: For no reason I downgraded the console from 1.4.5E to 1.4E and I still have a backup. Is it ok to retry installing Unlaunch?

Last edited by Ysaika, Aug 30, 2018
  20. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    As long as you didn't downgrade with TWLnf, yes, otherwise you will need to install unlaunch onto a nand backup and then restore that nand backup.