Are you excited for DSi CFW?

• Yes

Votes: 334 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 55 14.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

it's obvious RocketLauncher doesn't actually exist or it would have been released already

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone angry about it not being released-- chill out! Even if it never happens, it would be better the devs not release it then having bricked dsi's. I'm sure if it is going to be released it will be released sometime soon when it is safe, and even if it is never released, the devs made no promises. For now you can enjoy custom firmware on 3DS and Wii U from some very talented people.

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
I don’t think post that encourages ugopawn leak should be written here. The usage of leaked software discourages the dev to release the hack, and it also illegal as it is copyrighted material. Please dont make the devs think they’re doing it for noobs without respect and patient, so don’t fill the thread with “u can leak” or “omg I can’t wait 2 bad ugopawn is for USA only.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
One has already been written, the other cannot be written until after they've explained exactly how RocketLauncher works. Which they won't do until they release RocketLauncher. Except they won't because the tool needs to be written, that can only be written once RocketLauncher is released. But they won't release RocketLauncher until....

tl;dr It's just not going to happen.
100% agree with this one ^^^

RocketLauncher isn't happening since it needs a tool which makes the whitelist hack, but Apache will not do it because it isn't in its hands (and I presume that Robz nor Shutter ain't), and since the whole whitelist process is private nobody can work on such tool which will still being private until such tool is made (which is an enless circle).

Thanks to the leaked ugopw we can access to both homebrew and backups at least.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,
Reactions: reprep

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don’t think post that encourages ugopawn leak should be written here. The usage of leaked software discourages the dev to release the hack, and it also illegal as it is copyrighted material. Please dont make the devs think they’re doing it for noobs without respect and patient, so don’t fill the thread with “u can leak” or “omg I can’t wait 2 bad ugopawn is for USA only.
The devs already know that they are writing for "noobs without respect and patience" :P

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
100% agree with this one ^^^

RocketLauncher isn't happening since it needs a tool which makes the whitelist hack, but Apache will not do it because it isn't in its hands (and I presume that Robz nor Shutter ain't), and since the whole whitelist process is private nobody can work on such tool which will still being private until such tool is made (which is an enless circle).

Thanks to the leaked ugopw we can access to both homebrew and backups at least.

This just explains why open sourcing is important. If this had been open sourced, proper tools would already be written, at most a few bricks would happen but since dsi isnt very expensive, gains would be higher. It is someone’s work, and they have the right to release or hold on to it.

My “take home advice” from this to myself is “never ever share the news/encourage people/spend time for hacks that arent released/open sourced.” Even if stuff comes from respected devs etc.

I regret sharing news about this and encouraging people to buy/try to find/hold on to flipnote having dsi. At least for non-usa people.

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My take on this is that if you are passionate enough about this, you can try to make your own whitelist modifier. ApacheThunder is very talented because of his knowledge on how it works. If you want it now, all you can do is teach yourself and make your own (; of course, I really suggest waiting.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My take on this is that if you are passionate enough about this, you can try to make your own whitelist modifier. ApacheThunder is very talented because of his knowledge on how it works. If you want it now, all you can do is teach yourself and make your own (; of course, I really suggest waiting.

What he appears to be saying is that he's not able to do it & someone else needs to do it, without having access to the crucial information. I refuse to re-do work when people hoard it, because it's a waste of time.

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What he appears to be saying is that he's not able to do it & someone else needs to do it, without having access to the crucial information. I refuse to re-do work when people hoard it, because it's a waste of time.
It definitely is a waste of time. Unfortunately at this point in time you only other option is to storm into ApacheThunder's home to see what's up, but I highly, highly do NOT reccomend that. The easiest thing to do now is wait and see what happens

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately at this point in time you only other option is to storm into ApacheThunder's home to see what's up, but I highly, highly do NOT reccomend that.

Why not? You think launching an attack on his PC is a better option?

The easiest thing to do now is wait and see what happens

The easiest thing to do now is ignore it as if it never existed, because it may just as well. I only mentioned it because people were hopeful it would actually come out.

Even if it never happens, it would be better the devs not release it then having bricked dsi's.

The only chance of a brick is if you do something stupid.

and even if it is never released, the devs made no promises.

They made an announcement and got their hit of gratitude. That is a promise in my book.

Last edited by smf,

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
To everyone angry about it not being released-- chill out! Even if it never happens, it would be better the devs not release it then having bricked dsi's. I'm sure if it is going to be released it will be released sometime soon when it is safe, and even if it is never released, the devs made no promises. For now you can enjoy custom firmware on 3DS and Wii U from some very talented people.
Who cares about bricks, everything starts rough, if more people start using it then more people will start developing and thus making it safer in the end

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
https://twitter.com/ZianGames/status/923330593932312576

yes, i wonder why not releasing RocketLauncher if you have already downgraded? Many of us have

1. The exploit requires 1.4.0 firmware! Older or newer fw revisions do not work!
2. The exploit requires a flashcart that you are able to modify the internal rom it presents to the system.
3. Details on which cards will be compatible will be revealed at a later time.

is it because ugopwn was leaked? will ugopwn "legal" release cause RocketLauncher release? :huh:
I will buy a Flashcart (another one, that is :rolleyes: if it is needed)
The devs also might never release, it is their hard work and time and nothing forces them to, they do if they want to.

So I guess it will never be released

It's just not going to happen.

Reactions: MyDePain

Flashed

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Anyway, ugopwn wont be released aswell, so eur/jpn wont nwver have it.
I dont think that port ugopwn to other regions is difficult.

Enviado desde mi VTR-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn