Hacking Hinge replacement or shell replacement?

meetycheesy20037

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DSL has a crack on the right side screen near the hinge. This is the right side when the DSL is facing you. Unlike others and pictures that I've seen, my hinge is not cracked. The hinge is still in one piece without any cracks. The screen flops open and doesn't do the clicks. It only opens all the way or close.

I'm not sure if I need to replacement the shell or the replacement hinge. Has anybody else had the same problem or have experience in this would greatly be appreciated.

I'll try to attach a link to to the picture when I get home.

meetycheesy20037

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
alot of people have had cracked hinges. i'm guessing your ds is white?

check this link it, it may be useful: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=98240

It's not. It's a crimson red/black one.

If you look at step 12 where the guy is holding the hinge itself. I'm assuming that's the right clicky hinge. If you look to the left of that, the upper screen shell. The portion around the little gold thing is what's broken.

I guess the other questions is, if I buy a shell replacement, does it already have the hinge and everything i need? I can't tell from the descriptions. For example the link below is what I'm looking for. A clear shell, but there no reference to the hinge parts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Full-Replacement-Shell...93%3A1|294%3A50

meetycheesy20037

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
a full replacement shell would have everything, including a hinge.

Ah ok. That would be awesome then.

As a side note, I was looking for a clear shell and dam it, if DealsExtreme make it hard to look for one. I type in Clear shell, blah blah blah, and I could never find one. I thought they didn't sell one and so had to go to Amazon/Ebay to look for one. Apparently they have it listed as " TRANSLUCENT". Why I outta...
frown.gif

gameworm2.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a coincidence, your problem and mine are almost identical and happened at almost the same time. I also have a crimson/black dslite and the screen just started flopping like you described. There is a crack though, and it's right on the seam on the right side. Is dealextreme the best place to get a new shell, and how good are they, or is there a better place to go?

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
add me to the list, mine's a cobaltblue/black DS also RIGHT hinge a part of it came out, my ds is flopping like hell.

Mohawkinist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ComplicatioN said:
i broke my turn on button lol

how in the world did u do that? did you let it flick back all the time?

It seems, the Crimson, Cobalt and White DS's are the ones that seem to have that infamous crack, I should've got a black one
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission